Moonbli

I strongly dislike this ship. Don't get me wrong, it's cute, but I hate how it was executed.

They shared little to no screentime, except for that scene in Moon Rising. Their relationship grew in simple gestures that could easily be mistaken for platonic. A character's arc was butchered by the last book, just to end a love triangle. And everything was thrown in last second.

However, I will admit that Moonbli is healthier than Winterwatcher (something that I will get to at the moment). They shared some nice moments, and had potential....but, that was all thrown away, because of a love triangle.

They didn't have time to develop or breathe, just for the sake of adding surprise. But actually, it was pretty obvious who Moon was gonna end up with when reading DoD, and it was Qibli's arc, so it was bound to happen.

And another thing to complain about, was that Moonwatcher's confession didn't feel genuine, it felt like a reward for Qibli. Moonwatcher was treated like a reward, not an actual dragon.

If you want a deeper analysis, let's see from their interactions:

Qibli is nice to Moon.

Qibli listens to Moon.

Qibli protects Moon from danger.

That seems be very good development, yes? But, one question:

What does Moon do?

Every growth of their relationship, was carried on Qibli's shoulders. He is the only one bringing anything into the relationship. People only focus on how what Qibli does for Moon, and how he feels about her.

Never once, had Moonwatcher expressed visible feelings for him. She never tried to help him with his trauma, or help him grow as a dragon. She never once tried to be his hero, she's only the damsel in distress.

The only thing she ever does, is be manipulative. Convincing Qibli that Winter was alright, when she couldn't even begin to understand the pain the IceWing was going through.

No, Moon, Winter is not alright... Half of his tribe died and he's banished from his family, you blatant Mary Sue.

Now, for pros and cons:

Pros: Moonbli is a nice ship, the two do share sweet interactions. It's not overly dramatic, and Qibli's outgoing personality might help Moonwatcher's shy nature.

Cons: It is severely underdeveloped. Everything is too vague and readers are forced to reread pages multiple times, just to notice any moment of screentime between the two. Overall, wasted potential.