Glorybringer x Glornami

I decided to do another one of these.

And unlike my Cleril vs Pertle chapter, I'm going to try to be as unbiased as I can from now on with these kinds of comparisons.

Every information of the relationships I'm going to analyze, will be repeated from the Wings of Fire Wiki, and paragraphs from the books.

I might end up sounding bias anyway, so whateves--

Today, we will be comparing Glory x Deathbringer with Glory x Tsunami.

All I have to say with this one: it would've been a much more interesting love triangle than what we got in the second arc.

First off, Glorybringer:

As you know, Glorybringer has huge fanbase. I am one of it's fans, so let's see what makes this ship so appealing:

This ship starts off in a pretty cliche way, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't roll my eyes at the whole interaction (I was young when I read Hidden Kingdom, and I only cared about the action scenes, so romance only bored me)

At first, Glory was deeply exasperated by Deathbringer's flirting, which only caused Deathbringer to like her more. Though, I headcanon that he knew that she was his target, and tried to get her closer so he could finish her.

After Deathbringer failed to assassinate Blaze, he retreats, but not before promising Glory that he'll meet her again, which made her flustered (which is weird. Girl, he tried to kill you a few minutes ago)

So far, their relationship has a weird and slightly messed up start. It quickly grows better.

Deathbringer loves Glory for her beauty, sarcasm, and courage. He is extremely protective of Glory, in my opinion, he's a little too overprotective. I know there's a reason for that, but still, Glory can take care of her self, and Deathbringer needs to chill just a little bit.

As for Glory...it's really hard to know how she exactly feels towards him. For most of the time, she regards him as annoying...but also finds that charming? I don't really know.

Still, it's been proven that these two share a mutual respect, affection, and love for each other. Even though Glory doesn't admit it, I think she does generally enjoy Deathbringer fussing over her. 

They have their spats, but they're never really out of proportion, and they kinda remind me of an old married couple.

As for the age gap...Again, I won't touch on this topic ever. It's a stupid argument.

I think the thing that people find most appealing about this ship, is the opposites attract vibe, as well as seeing the humorous side of troupe romance.

In conclusion, this is a good ship. Still, it isn't perfect, as Deathbringer has to fix his overprotective issues, and actually allow Glory to walk alone inside her own damn palace. And Glory needs to acknowledge Deathbringer's other qualities, besides from the annoying bodyguard.

Now, Glornami:

I already made my opinions clear on this ship. Yet, if I had to choose between Ripnami and Glornami...I'd probably choose Glornami.

I'm sorry, Ripnami is too underdeveloped for me.

OK, now to get that one question out of the way: Is this ship considered incest?

Yes...but no.

It's up to one's interpretation. Yes, the Dragons of Destiny were raised together, and many might find that incestuous.

Yet, people seem to forget about Adora and Catra from She-Ra. They grew up together, and still ended up as a couple.

And, what about a scenario where two childhood friends grew up together, and end up getting married. Is that considered incest?

Whether you believe it or not, there are examples of people growing up together and falling in love (excluding actual siblings)

OK, time to review this ship.

Even though Glory doesn't show it, she really admires Tsunami. She thinks Tsunami is strong, and she knows to depend on her when needed. She also relates to Tsunami at times, and once worried over the SeaWing when Deathbringer hurt her wing.

Now for Tsunami. Like Deathbringer, the SeaWing is also very protective over Glory. And it seems that the two have the closest bond compared to the other DoD. Still, her thoughts towards Glory seem less intimate than Glory's thoughts towards her. Could this be interpreted as one-sided love on Glory's part?

The relationship between these two kinda remind me of two famous Greek Gods: Ares and Athena.

Both war gods, with different mindsets. Glory represents Athena, she is strategic when it comes to a lot of things, but lacks the strength to fight. As for Tsunami, she represents Ares, as she is strong in battle, but is impulsive.

The two are complete opposites, but they complement each other. Glory needs Tsunami's strength. And Tsunami needs Glory's guidance. Two halves of a whole, if that makes sense.

Conclusion:

Honestly, I am conflicted.

I used to be indifferent towards Glornami, but after doing more research on their relationship, I grew to like it.

But, I also still love Glorybringer.

I guess I like both ships. But, what do you think?

And again, I would've been more invested in this kind of love triangle than what we actually got.