Qinter

Might be my favorite ship in the fandom.

I just think they had far more development than Winterwatcher and Moonbli. They went from reluctant roommates, to best mates, and I'm sucker for troupes like that.

Also, another reason I ship this...is because I don't like Moon at all.

Hear me out, I liked her book, even though I didn't like how it was set in one location, since the WoF books are mostly about traveling to new places. I related to her anxiety, and at the time she use to be my favorite character... But..

As more books progressed, she started losing everything that made up her personality. I don't mean she developed or anything, I mean everything that made her interesting vanished, like it didn't even exist.

And for those who protest. You want to tell me her social anxiety vanished over a few days? I'm sorry, but that is not how real life works. Anxiety isn't a flaw to get rid off, it's something a lot of people have to live with. Instead of her being this immediately confident being, she should've never stopped developing. Just because a character's arc is over, doesn't mean you should put a full stop on their life, that's what makes them interesting.

"But, she's more confident since she can't hear her friends thoughts."

Well, she had no trouble hearing other people's thoughts. You see what I mean? The sweet shy dragon I fell in love with in MR, is now just a plot device to stir drama. Not a fan.

Going back to the topic of Qinter. Yes, I like this ship, I love a couple that banters, like Glorybringer instance. Not to mention, Winter saved Qibli's life, so heck yeah.

This ship would've been perfect in my eyes, except for one problem:

Lack of communication.

Never once, had they addressed their infatuation for Moon. They both knew that the other liked her, so why didn't they talk about it, why couldn't they express their feelings maturely? Honestly, it felt like they were both waiting for Moonwatcher to confess first 😑

Pros: The two have more growth in the series than Winterwatcher or Moonbli. They share amusing interactions with each other, and are fairly healthy. Also, the author had confirmed that these two are bi, which means there's a slither of chance that Qinter might be canon. Though, I'm kinda annoyed that Tui pulled a J.K Rowling on us...

Cons: They could've shared heartfelt interactions. They could've talked about their similar backgrounds. They could've talked about Moon and address the matter of them sharing the same crush. They could've had a deeper bond. Like Moonbli, it is wasted potential.