Blicket

What do you want me to say?

They both saw each other, and BOOM! They're in love.

Look, I'm not trying to tear up the love at first sight troupe. Because, believe it or not, it can happen in real life.

One person can be infatuated with the other, mostly in terms of physical attraction, before developing into something more.

But, here's my problem:

They BOTH fell in love with each other.

Uh...

I'm sorry, but when the Blicket scene came up in LC, it just felt so forced. Like, they both instantly fell in love? Both!?

It would've been fine if one of them had a crush on the other. Like Cricket, for example, since she did call Blue beautiful and all.

But now, when I read every scene where they interact, my mind kept screaming: Just confess to each other, already! Since, it became really frustrating, as both characters entered the most annoying will they, won't they? troupe.

The ship isn't interesting enough to keep me invested. And it isn't bad, to make me hate it. Whenever this ship is mentioned in the books, I feel...nothing.

Pros: Besides from the love at first sight, Cricket and Blue's relationship is normal, it's not dramatizing the forbidden love part like Sunlow did, so I appreciate that.

Cons: Too bad, normal also means boring. Their relationship provokes no emotion in me. To me, it's just something that's there, and I have to deal with it.