Umbli

Hmm. It reminds me of Anamarin. The two barely interact.

Still, that doesn't mean I hate it. At least we see from Umber's perspective in way, instead of outright being told that he has a crush on Qibli.

To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed how it turned out.

I mean, if you exclude the Winglets and the allegations towards Winter and Qibli, Umber was technically the first gay character to appear in the main series. You can't just drop a bomb like that on us, and not let it lead up to anywhere.

Really, what was even the point?

I know Kinkajou's crush on Winter was for comedic relief, but what about Umber's crush? Was it just put in there, so Moonwatcher could notice how handsome Qibli was?

I was genuinely upset when that moment didn't hold any foreshadowing, or that neither Sora or Umber made a appearance in the last book. Seriously, where are they!?

I was expecting Umber and Sora to appear in DoD, and join Qibli on his quest. And on the way, Qibli would develop a crush on Umber, and that would make him feel conflicted, and I would actually care about his love life. At least that's better, than Qibli ogling over Moon for the next 50 or so pages.

Also, I know there are people out there hating on this ship, because Qibli is 5 and Umber is 7.

Sigh...

Why would Umber, a supposed adult, be in a school designed for dragonets? It was exactly why Moonwatcher was weirded out by Onyx being in JMA, and not by Umber, because by dragon standards he's still considered young.

And for the people who call Glorybringer and Umber pedophilic, I know you mean well, but...no one really cares.

Pros: I think it's cute. 90% of my ships are gay anyway, so why not add to the pile?

Cons: I expected more from it. That scene in MR was pointless, and really unneeded. I thought it had potential, but I guess I was wrong.