Chapter 2.

I ran through the sprinkler with the younger kids who weren't aloud to swim in the lake. I was wearing my jean shorts and yellow string bikini top with my hair is up in a high pony tail. I stopped running and saw Luke and his friends get out of a van. I caught Luke's eye and got interrupted by my dad.

"So how's it going?" He asked.

"It's fine. I find it fun messing with the kids better than the older kids." I smiled.

"Good. I'm gonna need you to fix the snack table for me." he informed.

"Got it."

He began walking around to the other students. I grinned and began squeezing the water out of my hair. I began walking past Luke and his friends when one of the girls spoke.

"Ew what is on you hip?" She gasped.

I looked at my side and saw nothing there.

"I don't see anything." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"That big spot."

"It's my birthmark?" I shrugged.

"It looks really gross. Could you please cover it up? It's disturbing me." she asked with her nose scrunched in disgust.

I heard the group chuckle as I walked away. I snatched my flannel off the grass and put it on. I left it hang open as I set the table up with snacks. I pulled my hair over one shoulder and stood up straight to look at the table. I turned and ran into a chest. I stumbled back and almost fell. Luke caught me while chuckling. I pulled away and crossed my flannel across my body.

"What's up?" He asked.

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"So I was wondering. Tonight I want to spend it with you." he grinned.

"What do you mean?" I laughed while furrowing my eyebrows.

"Like a date. Sorta."

"There's a bonfire tonight. I don't think it would work." I shrugged and walked around him.

I began walking towards the big hotel cabin. Luke grabbed my wrist. I turned to look at him.

"We can sit by the fire and walk down the dock. I can make it fun I promise." he promised.

"Okay." I smiled and nodded.

He smiled and waved as he began walking back to his friends. I walked into the air conditioned cabin.