Chapter 20

I follow my dad into church and saw Luke with his guitar sitting at the piano. He wasn't paying attention so I ran over to him quietly and hit the keys. He jumped and turned towards me.

"Gosh you scared me." he gasped.

"Good." I joked taking a seat next to him.

"We have 30 minutes till everyone is on their way." my dad shouted to us across the room.

I sat my hands on the keys and looked at Luke who was staring at me.

"Oh, sorry." he blushed and turned so he could sit the guitar on his knee.

I sat close enough that I could move my foot on his and up his leg. He waited for me to start since the piano was the main instrument.
*Little do you know by Alex and Sierra*

"That was amazing." I exclaimed throwing my hands in the air.

Luke surprised me by pressing his lips to mine. He pulled away.

"I love you." I laughed and shook my head.

After a while everyone was arriving me and Luke were talking. I looked in the sea of people and saw Eve. I saw her eyes lighten up when she saw Luke and they both made eye contact. I scratched the back of my neck and turned away. I stood up and ran to the back. I opened the door to the roof and ran up. I sat on the floor against the wall and pulled my knees to my chest.

"Missy? Babe? Are you okay?" Luke asked crouching in front of me.

"I don't want you to leave me Luke." I sobbed.

"What do you mean? I'm not going anywhere." He asked a bit of confusion in his voice.

"Your gonna breakup with me. You could do better then me. I'm not sure why you wanted to stay with me, Eve is perfect." I explained to him.

"I'm not gonna leave you unless you want me to and I could never do better than you. Eve was nothing like you." He promised.

"Exactly. I'm the total opposite of her. The ugly opposite." I cried harder.

"No, no, no, your better then her. Way better." he gasped cupping my cheeks.

I shook my head and pushed him away. Causing him to fall back.

"Stop lying to me." I whispered.

"Missy, what happened to you?" He asked quietly his voice cracking.

"I don't know. I saw you and Eve make eye contact." I coughed.

"Do you think I'm gonna leave you for her?" He asked going to touch my face but I moved my cheek against the wall letting him get to touch my opposite cheek.

I didn't want to answer I question I knew the answer to already. Luke sat there staring at me as I looked at the ground.

"Are we not gonna sing?" He asked, playing with my hair.

I shook my head.

"Can I take you home?"

I shook my head again.

"Please tell me what you want me to do." He pleaded. "I don't like seeing you like this."

"I want you to leave and forget me." I choked.

"Missy- I can't- you told me if I wanted you to go you'd go!" I rose my voice.

"But I love you." he whispered. "Tell me you don't love me and I'll leave."

"I can't tell you that. You can't say you love me. I shouldn't be the one you love. I'm so different from you. I just want to be the same girl I was before I met you. Invisible." I sniffed.

"I love you so much. More than you think. I don't want you to be the same girl. I want you to be my girl. I want to- I- I didn't want to do it like this but if it shows how much I love you." He insisted and dug into his pocket.

I saw a silver ring in his hand. He held it between his thumb and pointer. I cupped my hands over my mouth. The ring had his name on in.

"This is a promise ring. I want to stay with you the rest of my life. Get married. So I can wake up to your beautiful face. Have kids and wake up to them jumping on the bed yelling at us to get up. Mel I love you so much and I promise to the rest of my life."