Chapter 22

Luke and I are cuddling in bed with our legs tangled around each other. My head rests on Luke's bare sweaty chest and his fingers run up and down my thigh. We have Liar Liar playing on the t.v and the curtains closed. I sat up in Luke's white t-shirt and he looked up at me with a smile.

"I love you." I whispered, leaning forward to lightly kiss his lips.

He smiled as I got up and slipped my underwear on. I walked out of the room and down into the kitchen. I grabbed two cups and began making tea and coffee. I felt two arms wrap around me from behind. Luke kissed the back of my neck and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"Go back to bed, I'm bringing you coffee." I whined, turning around and pushing him towards the bedroom.

He chuckled and kissed my lips lightly before walking off. I turned back around and opened the beeping microwave. I took my tea and Luke's coffee out. I carried out mugs to the bedroom. Luke is laying in bed. I climb on the bed and handed him the mug of coffee. I laid next to him and sipped my tea. I looked over and sat my cup down before straddling Luke's lap. He looked up at me before sitting his mug down too. He had his hands on my hips.

"You know we have school in like an hour right?" I sighed and looked over at the clock beside my bed.

"Looks like I'll have to get going then." he frowned and gave me a quick kiss.

He stood up still holding me. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck. He spun me around. He sat me down and smiled.

"I don't have a shirt to wear now." he joked.

"This is mine now." I said wrapping my arms around my waist.

"You look better in it then me anyway." he smirked, grabbing onto the shirt next to my hips and pulled me close.

"Okay but you need to go. My dads gonna be here soon and we have school." I laughed.
"Ugh. fine." he groaned." I love you."
I giggled and gave a quick kiss on the lips before leading him out to his car which we picked up last night. He got in and waved before driving off.
I walked back into the house and walked back to my room to get dressed.
/
I leaned over the console and gave my dad a kiss on the cheek before getting out. I hurried inside and to my locker. I grabbed some things and put them in my bookbag. I slammed my locker and ran off to Lukes locker. I froze a bit once I saw Eve talking to Luke. I messed with the promise ring on my finger while walking over to him. He smiled at me but kept listening to Eve.

"So tomorrow is my birthday and I was wondering if we're still gonna do what we usually do on my birthday." She asked not acknowledging my presence.

"Uh." he looked over at me.

"Melissa can come too." she forced.

"Yeah. Um, I don't think going skinny dipping is a good thing now that we aren't together." He sighed

"What if we wear swim suits." She suggested.

"I'll try. but I can't promise you that we'll be there." he said.

"Okay. Well I hope you can. And Melissa." she rushed before hurrying off.

Luke smiled at me and wrapped his arm around my waist. I sat my head on his side as we walked to class. I took the seat in front of him and turned so I could see him.

"I want to go."

"Go where."

"To Eves birthday tomorrow." I said.

"You don't have to. Im not going unless your comfortable with coming too." He said sitting his hands on my shoulders and massaging them a little.

"Im not gonna swim because you know I don't like the water. But I wanna hang out with some people." I shrugged after.

"I guess I'll tell her were going." He nodded and kissed my cheek.

I turned back around to focus on the teacher who just walked in.
________
I held hands with Luke as we made our way to my room. I tossed my bag on my swivel chair while Luke tossed his on the ground under it. I turned to Luke and sat my hands on his shoulders. He sat his hands on my waist and lead me backwards to my bed. I fell backwards and let out a loud laugh as Luke fell on top of me. He giggled and laid his head on my chest. I closed my eyes and played with his hair.

"Are you tired?" I whispered and caressed his cheek.

He let out a small "mhm". I smiled and wrapped my legs around his waist. He sat his head up on his chin to look at me. He puckered his lips so I could kiss him.

"Can we get in a more comfortable position?" I giggled.

"Yeah. Good idea." he chuckled and rolled off me so we could lay down on my pillows.

He laid on his back and had his head facing me. He closed his eyes and slowly fell asleep. I laced my fingers through his and stared at our promise rings. Smiling, I laid my head next to his and stared at his face. I used my other hand to run my fingers through his hair till I fell asleep.