Chapter 23

I walked with Luke's arm around my waist as we made our way towards the lake. I could hear some people yelling, laughing and splashing.

"You sure you really want to be here? We still got time to just turn around and go home. Maybe watch some movies and eat candy." He asked.

"I'm sure Luke." I giggled.

He laughed a little and kissed the top of my head. We made it into view and everyone came running towards us. Some girls just stood back with their arms crossed over their nude chest making me gasp. Luke looked where I was looking and his breath hitched. I turned and sat my hands on his chest.

"I thought she said we were wearing bathing suits. Those girls are half naked. I-" he cupped my cheeks and made me look at his eyes.

"I thought so too. I'm sorry you had to see that. I guess they don't listen. The boys don't mind that." he explained.

"You mind right?" I asked nervously.

"Of course. The only lady I want to see naked is you. Alone. Where only I can see you." he smiled and kissed my lips gently.

I pulled away and buried my face in his chest once we were interrupted by a small clear of the throat. I knew it was Eve. Luke wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close.

"Is she alright?" She asked.

"She's just uncomfortable with the topless tops." he informed.

She looked and gave him a not so innocent side smile.

I turned my head and looked at Eve. She looked amazing as usual. I sighed and pulled away from Luke.

"We have some drinks and food in the lake house if you want anything." Eve said slowly and walked off towards the group of girls.

I watched her leave and walked towards the lake house. Luke decided on talking to Calum, Ashton and Michael. I walked inside and it was not very packed. I looked through the coolers and all I could find was alcohol. I frowned and walked over to the food table. I grabbed a bowl and filled it with Doritos. I saw Eve walk in and make her way to the food table.

"Do you happen to have anything non alcoholic?" I asked her nervously.

"Yeah." she said walking towards the kitchen.

I followed behind and watched as she opened the fridge. She searched around for a while

"Happy birthday. By the way." I told her as she handed me a Pepsi.

"Thanks." She spoke before walking off.

I decided to go find Luke. He was laying on a hammock. I made my way over to him and ran my fingers through his hair. He opened his eyes and smiled. I sat my food and drink down before climbing next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and I laid my head on his chest.

"Are you gonna swim at all?" I asked running my hands up his shirt.

"I was gonna just hang out with you." He informed me and moved my hair from my face.

"But that'll be boring. All I get to do is sit." I whined and sat up.

"And I'll sit with you." He smiled kissing my nose.

"No go have fun." I laughed.

"Your fun." He whined.

"Not at all!" I scoffed.

He stared at me. I crossed my arms and looked at him sternly. He sighed and stood up. He looked at me so I stuck my tongue out at him. He leaned down and kissed me. I smiled and kissed him back. Not much later Luke was trying to get back on the Hammock while still kissing me.

"I see what your doing." I gasped and pushed him off.

He groaned and smiled. He kissed my forehead and walked off to Ashton. I laid back and watched him. Him and a bunch of people walked down to the lake. He stepped out of his flip flops and took his shirt off before running in. I laughed as he fell in. He stood up and wiped his face. He saw me and made his way towards me. He held his arms out and hugged me. I screamed and laughed as I tried to push him away. He picked me up and began walking towards the water.

"No, no, no! Luke I hate water and its cold." I whined and wrapped my self around him.

"Sorry babe." he chuckled and we were in the water.

I tried holding myself up and out of the water but Luke just walked further till I was in. I wrapped my arms around his neck and sat my head on his chest.

"I'm not gonna drop you." he whispered and kissed my forehead.

I smiled up at him and kissed his chin. I closed my eyes and leaned on him. Next thing I know I'm going under the water. I inhaled the water and stood up. I started coughing and shivering.

"What the fuck man!" Luke shouted and pushed a guy.

"Don't push me!" He growled and pushed Luke.

They started punching and dunking each other. I saw Eve come over to me and help me out of the water. She walked me to the hammock and sat me down. I started crying and she stood up. I saw Luke making his way towards us. I couldn't stop coughing or shivering.

"Missy Baby. Are you alright? I didn't drop you on purpose. Some guy ran into me full force." He informed me while cupping my cheeks.

I nodded and he stood up. Luke and Eve stepped away for awhile. I watched them talk and laugh. I then watched Luke give her a hug. I laid in fetal position so I could be alone. I was then picked up by Luke. I squirmed so he sat me down. I walked to the truck myself and buckled. Luke got in and started the car making sure to put the heat on for me. He pulled out of the spot we were in and drove through the woods.