Chapter 9.

I walked out of the Cabin As everyone sat outside watching Monsters Inc on the side of the cabin. I saw my father smiling with some the adults. I quickly ran to the dock where Luke was waiting. He picked me up and spun me around.

"Hey babe." he smiled.

"Hi Lucas." I grinned.

He rolled his eyes but lead me to the small rowing boat. He got on and helped me on. Their was a picnic basket and blankets in the middle.

"You look beautiful." he said kissing me.

"Really? I don't think so." I shrugged.

"Whatever." he scoffed. "Your beautiful and that's final."

He began rowing out into the middle of the lake. I watched Luke's arms flex as he rowed. He was looking behind him making sure not to run into people. I smiled at how we would say sorry or excuse me while trying to get around. He finally sat the sticks down and we moved slowly. I turned to look around and saw we were far from everyone else. I turned back around and Luke was staring at me.

"Hi." I blushed.

"Hey. Do you want food? I have peanut-butter sandwiches? It's all I could get." he said pulling out a sandwich and handing it to me.

"Thanks."

I took it and began eating.

"If I sit next to you will it tip?" I asked.

"I think it's pretty sturdy." he said hitting the sides.

I nodded and slowly sat next to him. He smiled and ate his food. It was quiet and dark. I stared at the water and kept glancing Luke who was looking down at his phone. I sighed and sat my food down. I switched back to my seat and sat my chin in my hand. Luke looked up at me.

"Why'd you move?" He asked.

"Because I thought you seemed busy." I said glancing down at his phone.

"Oh right sorry." he said putting it in his pocket.

I shrugged and looked down at my lap. I felt the boat shake as he moved. He crawled between my legs. He rested his hands on my thighs and had his face close to mine. I tried hiding a smile as he smiled at me. He pinched my cheek.

"Don't be mad. I can see your about to smile." he smiled, kissing my cheek and I started laughing.

He pressed his lips to mine finally and I cupped his cheeks as he tried to pull away. We ended up falling back and he hit his head on the bench. I gasped as he laughed.

"Oh my gosh are you okay? I'm so sorr-" he smashed his lips to mine, shutting me up.

I stared down at him as he stared at me and I smiled at him. I reached up and ran my fingers through his hair and ran them down his cheek and slowly over his lips. I leaned down and kissed his as I held onto his chin. He tangled his fingers in my hair kissing me hard.He pulled away and I rested my forehead on his.

"I love yo-"Melissa? What are you-" My dad interrupted me.

I quickly sat up and fixed my hair. He was in a boat with a flashlight. I looked down at Luke and sighed.

"I'm sorry about him ruining this. I was really having a good time." I groaned.

I saw my dads boat stop next to ours. He flashed the light down at Luke and back at me with angry eyes.

"Get over here now!" He growled.

I leaned down and kissed him before getting up. Luke gently helped me climb into the boat with my dad. I sat down and gave Luke a smile.

"I had a really fun time." I whispered.

"Me too." he spoke.