Chapter 16

I blankly put my things in the back of my dads truck. I slammed the trunk and pushed my hair behind my ear. I walked over to my dad who was walking up onto the stage. He began talking about the camp. He turned to me as I stood with my arms crossed and stared at the Lake.

"Mel? Do you want to say something?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said still not smiling as I walk up to the microphone.

"So, this summer was supposed to be fun. Out in the sun. Out in the lake. Late night bonfires. Finding love." I took a breath. "Love doesn't exist. Love is just another word for Fake and phony. You think your partner loves you and thinks your their everything when your together. Behind your back, their out with someone else, out laughing about how stupid you are for thinking someone actually loves you. For all you people out here saying your in love, good luck." I said angrily as I stared at Luke.

His friends only snickered and whispered to each other. I stepped back and walked off the stage. I walked down to the car and sat on the hood of it. I stared at the Lake again till I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw Luke. I turned back around and got off the car. I began walking toward the cabin as Luke followed behind.

"Missy. Let me tell you something." he begged and jogged faster.

I kept walking as I felt tears fall down my cheeks.

"I don't want to hear about the bet again Luke." I whimpered.

I tried walking faster but Luke gripped my wrist and turned me around. He smashed his lips onto mine and I calmed down. I relaxed and kissed back. Luke noticed and sat his hands on my waist. He pulled me closer so I cupped his cheeks leaned forward trying to keep us connected. He pulled away slightly and glided his lips over mine before kissing my top lip. I connected my forehead with his and closed my eyes.

"Why did you do that?" I breathed.

"Because I fucking love you." he whispered.

"You already won the bet. Why are you still doing this?" I hiccuped.

"I don't care about the money. Having you be mine is the only thing I need. I want you to be mine so I could," he pressed his lips onto mine then connected out foreheads again." kiss you whenever I want and love you whenever I want. The money is just a bonus."

"Are you saying this because you truly love me or because you feel bad for what you did?" I sniffed.

"Both. But mostly because I really love you." I smiled.

"Your lucky I still love you." I giggled.

"Awe!" The audience said in unison.

We said everything in front of the stage. I blushed and Luke smiled pulling me into his chest, holding me tight. I laughed and looked up at Luke.