ten.

VOTE AND COMMENT.
INSTAGRAM: @kirawritess

four months later

Monét had managed to escape the night of  the argument, when she heard him send everyone home for the night so she took that as her chance to run.

She had no idea where she was going. So that night she took an Uber to the airport, and paid for a ticket with the debit card Samael had provided her with. One ticket read LAX which she used the debit card for. When she landed she made sure to purchase a ticket for Austin in just cash. When she reached LA early morning she took money out at the nearest bank. She sent a text to Dess explaining everything that happened between she and Mael in front of an apartment building she wrote down a number she knew she would need. Cutting the phone off throwing it in the trash. Taking a taxi back to the airport before her flight left she headed for the hills.

Her life was peaceful and she loved Austin. When she first made it there, she called her old friend in Charlotte asking her to send her stuff for a new identity. Just something that would allowed her to get a job and apartment.

She had also met someone named Jayda that she absolutely loved. Their friendship grew after Monét booked an appointment with her to get her hair done, after the second month of Monét not answering to her new name Jasmine like she should, Jayda became suspicious and Monét decided to inform her that she was running away from someone back home and she was scared of what would happen if they found her. She left the story at that and Jayda accepted it for what it was.

"Last night was so much fun." Monét laughed sitting at the edge of Jayda's bed. She had went out with Jayda after being paranoid and locked in her house most of the time. She decided to attend Jayda's friend birthday with her. She avoided any pictures and made sure to watch everyone around her. Until she got drunk of course then she didn't have a care in the world.

"I knew you were fun, but I ain't know you was lit like that girl." She laughed, shaking her head.

"I've been feeling so much better since I got here, I never want to leave. No social media, I've been meditating. Going to therapy. I'm getting better Jayda. I think I'm ready to like start exploring more." She smiled a genuine smile.

The move to Texas was something different, she was discovering herself, the toxic environments she stayed around never allowed her to grow. Of course she had more growing to do but this feeling was different. She loved her psychiatrist, she always told her "you couldn't control your past and your trauma but you can control how you handle it. You have control over your healing." She stuck by that quote. The first month speaking to her psychiatrist was hard, she was unlocking trauma, things that she buried and ignored. She cried, she drank, she self-medicated.

She never wanted to leave Austin. This was her permanent home. She figured that Samael had stopped looking for her and kidnapped a new woman.

"I love that for you. I'm not sure what you went through but I can tell your growth from now and when I first met you. You don't have that sadness in your eyes anymore. You laugh and smile way more. I'm so happy for you bitch." Jayda spoke to her truthfully, this was why she liked Jayda. She was genuine. She always gave her words of encouragement.

"Girl, I got this dude from Philly coming over tonight and he's bringing a friend..." she smiled over at Monét who shrugged her shoulders, she wouldn't mind dating someone else. She was getting lonely in her apartment which is why she stayed at Jayda's apartment. She left work and came over to Jayda's house so she didn't have to be alone.