Chapter Twenty Two | Abyss of Revenge

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: One Minute Over by Zack Hemsey

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

          CHAPTER TWENTY TWO ― ABYSS OF REVENGE

     "AWAKEN, MY CHILD."

     I groan, smacking my lips; my mouth tastes like stale cardboard. My eyes flicker open, slowly, as I get accustomed to the newly-found light. My energy seeps through me, just like it always does when I just wake up in the mornings. But I can sense it, like a hidden disease ― the undercurrent of a fluid that was unravelling the chemistry of my bodily cells.

     "Wake up, Melissandre."

     I am awake, I know that I am awake, but something is holding me down as though there were ropes burning into my wrists as I struggled against them. "Wake up!"

     Air fills up my lungs and I rock harshly to my side, gasping for air while coughing violently. Eventually, it subsides, and the energy I felt gathering when I woke up is starting to dwindle to a low flame. "Melissa?"

     I wince and slowly roll over to the other side. "Yeah?" I voice raspily. "He got you good, huh?" Hayley frowns. Not wanting to waste any energy, I slump against the floorboards, breathing heavily as sweat dots my skin. "They gone?"

     "Not permanently." She responds. Looking at each other for a few seconds after that heavy statement, I grunt, "well, we're going to have to do something about that."

    I crawl as well as I can to the wall with my tied up hands and lift myself up so I am able to sit up. "Who the hell is he? You sound as though you know each other." I don't bother specifying myself. Dwayne wasn't the primary problem ― he merely followed orders.

     Hayley looks annoyed, but not at me. At herself. "His name is Tyler." I crease my forehead, as the name sounds mighty familiar. It takes me a few moments, but I get it at the end. "You mean, Tyler, as in Tyler Lockwood?"

     "Yep." Hayley says in a clippy way. "Tyler, as in the nice werewolf who helped other werewolves to fight through the pain of the Transformation?" I ask with disbelief in my tone. "Yes." She snaps.

     I shake my head vehemently, my eyes wide. "Stop being so goddamn monotonous, Hayes!" I shout. "He's your friend, who has us currently tied up and kidnapped, and with every second the poison that he's administered is slowly killing me! What the fuck happened to him? What does he want?"