Chapter Twenty Four | Song of the Sirens

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

WARNING: Now, I'm not exactly sure when I have to give a warning, as I don't know your threshold of reading content. But I'm going to write one anyway, just in case.

This chapter contains slight violence and mentions of suicide that might be uncomfortable to younger audiences. If you want to skip it, by all means, please do. However, this chapter contains an integral part of the story, one that I've kept in the dark for quite a long time, so you might not understand certain references that I might make in the future. You have been warned.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Please Don't Go by Barcelona

All those arrows you threw, you threw them away

You kept falling in love, then one day

When you fell, you fell towards me

When you crashed in the clouds, you found me.

^^Truly, one of the best things I've ever heard. Please check it out, because it's really beautiful. I'm literally bawling.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

          CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR ― SONGS OF THE SIRENS

     I TREMBLED.

     MY SOUL felt like it was writhing in its own warped mess, leaving me shaking. A log crackles, as a tongue of flame shoots up and I wince, as the sound hits my ears like whiplash. But regardless of the warmth it should have offered, I was cold, oh so cold. My teeth rattle, and I pull the woollen wrap around my shoulders even more tightly. I hunch into myself feeding off the energy of my core strength.

     "Mellie?" A small voice calls out. I whip my head up and direct my attention to the doorway. He's holding the door frame with one hand, the other clutching a toy of some sort. He's burning holes into the wooden floor, so he knows what he's doing is wrong.

     "Manny." My voice cracks, and I force myself to stand up. A wave of dizziness hits my senses, and it takes a lot to stop myself from collapsing. Shuffling sluggishly towards the entrance, I lean my body weight on a nearby stool, as I bend to his height.

     "Mellie, what's going on? Why are mommy and daddy shouting outside?" He looks up, meeting my eyes briefly before looking back down and tearing a stray thread from the bottom of his shirt. I vacuum my lips in, as tears begin to slide down my face, leaving cold ghost trails.