Chapter Thirty One | Chaos Is A Ladder

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

   The song of the chapter is: Crave by Tove Lo

Craving, I'm craving I crave you,

Waiting, I'm waiting to touch you,

Whenever, forever, I know that,

Still I'm coming back.

Bittersweet baby,

Summertime save me,

Party day hazy, oh baby,

Craving, I'm craving,

I crave you.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

          CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - CHAOS IS A LADDER

     POWER.

     POWER CONNECTED ALL the supernatural factions of New Orleans, and it would be power that would break the bonds apart. It manipulates men, even the strongest of them, and turns the weaker ones hungry for their acknowledgement.

     It turns families against families, rotting the metaphysical strings of continuity and rapport until the ground heaved with the blood of innocents. And with the red veil that coats my eyes, and the fangs that extend from my canines when a human heart beat thuds swimmingly, that curse offers power as well.

     That is why many of my kind die, some for the silliest of causes. Vampirism offers the golden fruits of power, and it instigates chaos. The only way to prevent the inevitable bloodbath was to draw alliances and bite from that fruit carefully. Alliances that made your mouth sour, but ones that were mandatory for the powerful families, so that those families could create dynasties.

     The Mikaelson dynasty lost a bit of that power when the soldiers from their army left a few days ago. At first, the head of their family, Niklaus Mikaelson declared good riddance. Who needed traitors? Who needed cowards? Who needed fools?

     But it turns out that we were the fools, because our enemies who danced back from their graves had made a plan, one that required those deserters in one single place to slaughter them, to devour their power to increase theirs. They had blocked access to the completion of the Harvest, leaving one of our own dead.

     Now, the enemy were stronger than us.

     Now, the enemy was coming for us.

     I sit down on the bench, staring straight ahead at Father Kieran, donned in pure white as he moved from pew to pew, looking at each parishioner in the eye. "Thank you all for coming. It means more than I can tell you. We gather today for the first public service of our newly reopened church. St. Anne's can finally once again be the heart of our community, where we can congregate as a people united. Here, this hour, we come together to praise God and give thanks. The events that took place at our church were tragic."