Chapter Thirty Two | Heart's A Mess

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Compass by Zella Day

We can build a tree house in the pine trees,

 We can keep our secrets buried underneath,

 Wild flowers crush between your fingers,

 Clinging to the wild things that raised us.

Take me to the garden of your ecstasy,

 I'll make myself a headband from your fallen leaves,

 Woven in the fabric of your tapestry,

 Cover me in honeysuckle memories. 

Where you are, I will be.

 Miles high, in the deep.

 Where you are, I will be.

 Anywhere, in between.  

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

I expect a billion inline comments for this chapter. It's going to be emotional af.

          CHAPTER THIRTY ONE - HEART'S A MESS

     THE WORDS ECHO HOLLOWLY through my brain. I hear them, I do. In fact, they echo numerous times, each in a different pitch, a different frequency. I suppose that I am in a state of shock, of stupor.

I knew that the Mikaelson family had inspired various enemies, enemies who wanted their blood to spill. Nobody was surprised; if anyone else had lived as long as we had, everyone's head would be on a guillotine because their dark sins called out to them and claimed them. 

     I just never thought that I would be the one to divulge the dagger's path. 

     For the second time this evening, I mutter a weary "excuse me?" Genevieve smirks, knowing that she had captured my attention. "You heard me well enough, honey." My eye twitches, and finally my senses return. "Are you out of your mind? If you know my history as well as you claim you do, you should know that I'm the last person who would actually kill him."