Chapter Twenty Six | Burning Embers

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Burn by Ellie Goulding

When the light started out they don't know what they heard,

Strike the match, play it loud, giving love to the world,

We'll be raising our hands, shining up to the sky,

'Cause we got the fire, fire, fire,

Yeah we got the fire, fire, fire.

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

          CHAPTER TWENTY SIX ― BURNING EMBERS

     MANY THINGS HAD CHANGED since the occurrences at the bayou. The day after Nik had healed me, I had returned to the Mikaelson Mansion, just to see how things were going. Imagine my surprise when I found movers carrying pieces of exquisite furniture out of the Mansion. Imagine my anxiety when I couldn't find Hayley anywhere.

     My conversation with Rebekah turned out to be something like this: Rebekah's eye twitches as she crosses her arms. A man ― a mover, actually ― was carrying a large painting out of the house. Elijah, newly-healed, stood outside overseeing the transportation, a guilty expression painted on his face.

     She lets out a loud sigh for the billionth time, and I groan exasperatedly, rolling my eyes. "Rebekah, stop twitching!"

     "I'm not twitching!" She defends herself. "Oh yeah?" I raise a sceptical eyebrow, "try telling that to your right eye." Self-consciously, she raises a finger and pats down her eyelids. Suppressing a smile, I turn to the the mover's van.

     "I loved that painting!" She pipes up after a few silent moments, "I paid for it, and Nik has no right to take it away from this house!" I snort in reply. "Somehow, Becks, I hardly think you've paid for anything in your life."

     Sending a fake glare my way, she huffs and stalks off to her bedroom, dragging me with her. On the way there, I briefly peer into Hayley's room and notice that none of her things are there. Where was Hayley? Where was Nik?

     "What happened last night, Becks?" I ask. Nik had won over the keys to Marcel's kingdom, and he was surely going to live in the Abattoir. It was clearly evident that something happened between the Mikaelson siblings because they were stuck here, in the Mikaelson Mansion.