Chapter Fifteen | The Attic Above the Church

This book is based and inspired by the Originals, with a tinge of the Vampire Diaries. I suggest that you watch the shows to understand some occurrences.

All rights go to The Originals television show on the CW, and Lisa Jane Smith (the author), except the characters and events that are purely of my imagination. PLEASE DO NOT COPY, OR ELSE YOU'LL BE REPORTED.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IF ANYONE IS COPYING SECTIONS FROM THIS BOOK THAT ARE OF MY INVENTION, PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

(EDITED)

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

The song of the chapter is: Reflection by Christina Aguilera

Look at me

You may think you see

Who I really am

But you'll never know me

Every day

It's as if I play a part

Now I see

If I wear a mask

I can fool the world

But I cannot fool my heart

Who is that girl I see

Staring straight back at me?

When will my reflection show

Who I am inside? 

________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛ ________ ♛♛♛

          CHAPTER FIFTEEN - THE ATTIC ABOVE THE CHURCH

     I JINGLE MY FOOT to the music that was being tested out for The Dauphine Street Music Festival. I look around, watching the vampires and the humans collaborate to put up the decorations. Even though my last encounter with Marcel had officially put him in my bad books, I could not help but admire his handiwork.

     He really cares, I realise. Sure, he wants to dominate nearly everything in the city, and yes, his lavish parties definitely cause many human's deaths, but the way it was all put together was almost harmonious. Besides, humans can always be replaced.

     I lean back heavily against the backrest of the wooden bench I was sitting on and cross my arms, huffing a sigh. She is late. Of course, being an immortal being loses your grip on time, but for me, it had a strange effect; due to the fact that my life was just blurring together, what with the murdering and the partying, I heavily depended on control of time. I could not stand it if someone was late.

     Seeing that I was already sitting here for the past fifteen minutes and had already scrutinised my surroundings concisely, I return my thoughts to a few days ago, that seemed like last night.