Chapter Fifty-Four

"So, who is that red-head?" Yuno asked, glancing over at Klaus. Noelle had joined them with Todoroki and Uraraka at her side and the royal huffed.

"That is Mimosa's older brother, Kirsch."

"Yes, and he is currently the Vice-Captain of the Coral Peacocks. Honestly, he basically runs it at this point." Klaus supplied, watching as Mimosa came to join them.

"Hey, I remember you telling us a bit about him." Uraraka glanced at the plant mage, watching as a terrifying smile appeared on her face. "Um, are you alright?"

"I hope he wins so I can punch him in his pretty face." The others shifted away from Mimosa, not trusting the gleam in her eyes. Todoroki, oblivious to the tension, spoke up.

"What is he like? He seems rather..."

"Extravagant? Yeah, that's probably the best way to sum up his personality." Noelle muttered, watching as cherry blossoms appeared all over the field. Poor Sol and Magna were lost in the clouds.

"He thinks he is better than anyone else and if he wins then there is no one who can stop me from punching his pretty face and messing him up." Mimosa kept her gaze glued to Kirsch, scaring the others.

"Oh... okay then." Uraraka gave Yuno and Klaus a look, the two males just shrugging their shoulders. The gravity girl hoped that she wasn't going to witness a murder later.

Elsewhere, a similar conversation was occurring except in a lighter tone.

"Honestly, Kirsch seems a lot like Aoyama." Ashido cheerily said, playing with her curls as she leaned against Midoriya. The green-haired teen was focused on the battle, analyzing the mage's every move.

"True, but he seems a bit more cruel. A-At least based on what Jirou was able to pick up on him saying. But his fighting style is very intricate, like a dance." Midoriya mumbled.

Finral laughed. "Yeah, I haven't had much contact with him, but Noelle has mentioned him occasionally and apparently he's a whole ordeal." Eri was held securely in his arms, having escaped from Vanessa to make it to her goal. She nuzzled happily into his newly styled hair, playing with the green tips.

"Oh, wow the battle is already over!" Ashido grabbed onto Midoriya's arm as she leaned over the edge to glance at the winning team. The boy spluttered as he pulled her away, stuttering about possibly falling to her death.

Everyone on the platform watched as Cob opened a portal, Kirsch grinning as he led the way out. He began to ramble about his beautiful fighting method while Sol and Magna hid their faces, running away from the mage. He was tuned out, although Jirou and Kaminari scowled deeply as they listened to Kirsch turn to insulting Asta. Bakugou was held back by Gauche as he fumed.

With that over, the third match participants were being called to head down, and Eri whined as Finral attempted to hand her off to Midoriya.

"Please Eri, I'll be back before you know it. Then you can hang out with me all you want." Finral pleaded with the girl, hating the teary eyed look she was giving him.

Midoriya, ever quick on his feet, gave the child a bright smile. "We can go see Vanessa and maybe Charmy will have some yummy goodies we can have ready for when Finral returns? How does that sound?"

Eri visibly struggled, wanting to go with Finral but knowing that Deku was another safe place as well. Sniffling, her red eyes stared into bright green ones.

"Promise we can get snacks? For Fin?"

"Promise."

"Okay." Letting herself be transferred into Midoriya's arms, she gave Finral one last glance with a little wave. The spatial mage offered her a smile, ignoring the burning sensation in his back, knowing who was watching. Turning away, he headed to join his teammates on the field.

As promised, Midoriya brought Eri over to where Nemuri and Vanessa stood, asking the witch if she could get some snacks from Charmy to give to Finral. The woman happily agreed, wandering off to find the person in question.

Gauche appeared at their side with Bakugou in tow, the two standing off next to Nemuri as they watched the battle commence.

Down on the field, Finral conversed with his teammates, seeming to come to some conclusion as they began their fight. The students and Bulls couldn't help the pleased feelings that great inside as Finral displayed his portal magic, shocking the other participating mages. They murmured to one another about how skillful the Black Bulls were proving to be, especially with this apparent ace up their sleeve.

Eri cheered loudly as Finral's team won, watching as Leopold and Hamon drew in close to him, clearly excited. Her Fin rubbed the back of his neck as he blushed, not used to such praise. And when he reappeared on the platform, she wiggled out of Deku's grasp and took the snacks from Nessa, running over to greet him.

Kaminari and Luck were there as well, having been near where Cob opened the portal as they conversed about the similarities in their powers. Both smiled at the little girl as she threw herself into the portal mage's arms.

"Are you sure you don't want to have an eating contest?" Leopold asked, grinning at Finral. Hamon nodded alongside the fire mage, happily thinking about the food he could eat.

The spatial mage shook his head. "That's alright. Eri has some snacks for me here and I'm not even that hungry anyways."

Leopold sighed, but didn't let his smile falter. "Well, let's get ready for the next battle and prove our power as a team!"

Hamon clapped at the notion while Finral awkwardly smiled. In his head he knew that if his brother won like he expected him to, then things would become messy quick. But to not worry anyone of his thoughts, he just nodded in agreement.

As he walked away, Eri happily continued to play with his green strands, snacks tucked safely in her arms. Soon the duo were surrounded by their friends, Finral becoming the center of attention as praises were heaped upon him.

He didn't pay any mind to it, instead watching as his younger brother waltzed onto the field, a slightly nauseous feeling overcoming him. And as if Langris could sense Finral's gaze he the mage turned briefly to stare up at the platform, their gazes locking. When it broke, Finral shivered, hugging Eri a bit closer as he focused in on his friends, flustering at their praise and words.

But in his heart he knew he'd have to speak with his brother soon, before the impending chaos that would come.

Yeah, this one was a bit shorter but that's because I wanted to get to the next part. We all know what happens after Langris' battle... DRAMA!!! :D

But anyways, thank you all for the love and support. Never expected this out of this story, but I love you all for it.

~Zelinith