Chapter Thirty-Five

"Luck, please don't set off another alarm. We already have enough people coming after us as it is."

"Awww... but they could be so much fun to fight."

"Yes, well that's not what we're worried about at the moment. If we can get back to our friends, then you can fight the people we've met there. Deal?"

"Deal!"

"Alright. Mimosa, how close are they to our position?"

"My guidepost shows them at the end of this street. We'll have to circle around this way and then scale the wall here at the end of the alley to avoid them."

"Do we need a distraction? They seem to be getting really close to us."

"I'd rather avoid that if we can, Asta, seeing how injured we all are. But we have to move now if we want to make sure they don't find us."

The four mages quietly crept alongside the warehouse they were outside of, making their way down the dark street and away from the police and heroes who had been called to the scene. They'd discovered that the warehouse they had been kept in was one of many in a large complex, although most were abandoned. Luck had managed to find the only one that was still occupied and set off the alarm system, making them dive for cover in a tiny corner behind some old vehicles. With the help of Mimosa's magic, they had finally found a way to get them towards the forest line and hopefully safety.

They just had to get there without being caught. Easier said than done with this group.

When they saw their destination ahead, Luck laughed and broke away from the group, running full speed towards the tree line. The others ran after him, hoping that no one would spot their sudden mad dash. It was a nice thought.

Vanessa barely had a chance to scream Luck's name before a blur went soaring over their head, aiming a kick straight at the lightning mage's back. With ease the teen jumped away, skidding to a stop to face his opponent. The other also stopped, glaring down the mage.

"So you're the mages, huh?" His voice was old. "I thought there was only supposed to be three of ya, but I'm counting four."

"You're fast! We should play a game!" Luck grinned madly at the man, bouncing in his place.

The short, old man sighed. "There's no time for games, boy."

"Who are you?" Vanessa asked, thread wrapped around her hands as she pushed Asta and Mimosa behind her.

"Oh. Name's Gran Torino. I work with the police force who have been trying to look for you all. Was alerted to this area when a warehouse spontaneously caught on fire." His eyes narrowed at the mages.

Vanessa gritted her teeth. "Yeah, no thanks to the villains who caught us, which have been dealt with. Now," Rouge appeared on her shoulder, "If you could let us pass that would be wonderful."

"Sorry lass, I'm afraid I can't do that." Gran Torino stepped closer to the group, keeping an eye on Luck who thrummed with energy. "We are working with U.A. if that helps and only want to bring you back to your friends. And maybe ask a few questions, but that can be done later."

"Why should we trust you?" Mimosa asked.

"Because I'm not trying to kill you, obviously."

"That could change in like, five seconds!" Asta called out, hand itching to grab his sword.

Gran Torino sighed deeply. These mages were worse than even Toshi or Midoriya.

"Look, it's almost dawn and I bet everyone here is tired, so if you just come with me we can sort this out and I'll prove-"

"Wait." Luck interrupted. Everyone turned towards him, watching his smile brighten as he looked towards the tree line. "Do you sense that?"

"Yeah..." The witch also smiled, Mimosa joining in. Asta squinted his eyes, trying to sense what everyone else was. When his ki picked up on it, he jumped up and down.

"I knew our friends would come for us!" He yelled, watching as a large swirl of wind became visible.

When it came closer to the group on the ground, figures jumped off the wind chariot thing (no idea what to call it), landing with a burst of energy on the ground. The five rose from their crouched stances, green, blue, purple, and red glowing from their forms. Gran Torino muttered that he was entirely too old for this shit while the others ran over to their friends.

"Magna! Since when did you join us?" Vanessa cried as she grabbed on to the fire user, squishing him tight. The man burst into shades of pink, trying to push the woman off of him.

"G-Get off me you crazy witch!"

"Luck, I never thought I'd be happy to see you!" Finral patted the younger mage's head, smiling warily as he received a maniac grin in return.

"There's so many fun people to fight here!" Luck bounced up and down and the spatial mage was left wondering if he did indeed murder anyone.

"Dork-sta! Mimosa!" Noelle grabbed her cousin and hugged her, whispering a soft "I forgive you" into the red-head's ear, receiving a soft "I'm sorry" before she rounded on Asta and began scolding him. "You can't just go disappearing on us like that! Royalty should not be worried as such!"

Yuno rolled his eyes, although if one looked closely they would see the relief within the golden orbs. He silently gave Asta a small smile, knowing that that was enough to express his happiness. The anti-magic mage simply grinned in return.

"Sorry 'bout that!" Asta rubbed the back of his neck, wounds protesting. "Wasn't expecting it, honestly."

"Like you ever are."

"Who do you think you are, Shorty?" Yami peered down at Gran Torino, katana begging to be used. "You have five seconds to explain why you were with my mages before I kill ya."

Gran Torino glared back at the much, much larger man. "I was sent by Tsukauchi to rescue these mages when I received a message about the rest of them running away. Care to explain yourself, mister?" The old hero had dealt with enough bullshit in his lifetime. This Captain was nothing.

"Heh. A man who can stand up to me. You're not half bad, old man."

"Just come with me so we can get out of here and bring you all back. I'd like to live another day if you don't mind."

With all nine mages in tow, Gran Torino led them back to the rest of the police force and soon enough they were on their way back to U.A. (they decided that they were less likely to portal away if questioned and treated there than the police station; probably for the best too). But if they thought that things would relax, well, things were about to become a bit more exciting for everyone involved. Hell, there's new mages in town.

And don't forget about Nezu's plans for the kids.

There are fun things coming in two chapters from now. I think you will all appreciate what I have planned (the students of U.A. will not lololol). Next chapter will not be overly exciting, sorry. Sorry its taken me a bit to update, we are putting our house on the market so we were cleaning our house all last week and I am also doing college classes online so I've been swamped. We're almost caught up to what I've written at this point. And as always, you guys are the bestest. :3

~Zelinith