Chapter Thirty-Four

There had been chaos when Aizawa, Nemuri, and the three students arrived back at the 1-A dorms. The other kids had immediately pounced, wanting to know what the hell was happening. Their teacher gave them a brief explanation, knowing the three who were present would explain more later, but he did warn them against trying to go save them with immediate expulsion. Hoping that that would do the trick, the two heroes left the building, going to head back to Nezu's office.

Meowing began to blare loudly. Aizawa hastily patted himself down to find his phone, Nemuri only giving him a knowing look as she watched. The erasure hero finally found it, pressing the answer button to see what Tsukauchi had to say. He blanched at the news, ending the call before anything else could be said.

Rubbing a hand down his face the man could only shake his head. He was going to kill those mages the next time he saw them.

~*~*~*~*~

"How the hell have you ever been here, Finral?" Yami squinted at the spatial mage, resting his hand on his katana. His ki was checking the feel of the area, making sure there was no danger nearby.

"Oh, Hizashi took me out the other day to find us some clothes as they needed civilian wear for the two of us." Finral simply replied, closing his grimoire before placing it back in its holder.

"Huh." Noelle muttered, crossing her arms over her chest. "Well, I guess that explains it."

They were in the shopping district, although on the opposite side from where the crime went down. The plan was to check the area out, seeing if there was any sign they could pick up that the police would've missed considering they knew their mages best. It had been a shock when Finral announced he could take them there since he could only go places he had been, but welcoming nonetheless.

"What even is our plan?" Yuno asked, not politely at all. "Although, considering how the Bulls normally act I doubt you have a very solid one." Magna glared at the Golden Dawn boy, marching to stand directly in front of him.

"Listen here, punk," the fire mage jabbed a finger into Yuno's chest, "Your squad ain't here right now, so that means you have to listen to us. And don't go thinking you're better than us just because you're in that squad. We're trying to save our friends, and if I recall you're friends with two of them."

The two stood there staring at one another for a few moments, neither willing to back down. It was Noelle who interrupted their 'manly' stand-off.

"Can we please just focus?" She flipped a ponytail back, starting to walk off. "Based on the news we have to head in this direction, so you peasants better keep up." The royal mage left the two behind, Yami and Finral following in her direction. Magna and Yuno both huffed, the former muttering to himself while the latter moodily kicked a pebble.

For a good ten minutes they walked through the shopping district, knowing they were heading in the right direction as a soft siren still echoed and voices began to increase. Hiding in an alleyway, the five mages peered out, watching cops mill around the crime scene.

"Alright," Noelle muttered, looking towards her superiors, "What do you plan now?"

"Don't look at me." Finral raised his hands before him. "I just portaled us here."

"Ugh."

Before the spatial mage could jab back at her to 'respect her superiors' a conversation caught all of their attention.

"In all my days of working in Japan, I have never seen anything like that." A cop mentioned to his partner, the woman nodding.

"I know. I don't know who that boy and woman were, but their power was incredible. I wonder if they're vigilantes, or maybe rising heroes?"

"Not sure. But if the League's after them... that'll cause a whole bunch of problems."

"Our country really doesn't need any more to go wrong."

"No kidding."

"Did he mention Japan?" Yami asked the others, eyes squinting at the cops.

"Uh, yeah." Noelle answered. "That's where we are. Apparently."

Without another word Yami sauntered forward, ignoring Finral's frantic whispers to come back. The bulky man walked right up to the cops, leaning down close to their faces as they squawked in fear.

"You're telling me this is Japan?" A dark aura surrounded the Black Bulls Captain. "This isn't the Japan I remember."

"S-Sir!" The male cop cried, backing away slightly. "Y-You're intruding on a crime scene! I need you to back away!"

"No... I have some questions and you better answer them before I kill you."

"I need you to surrender!" The woman brought out her gun, pointing it at Yami. When said man only laughed, she shivered.

While the Captain distracted (read: terrorized) the cops, Finral and Yuno ran onto the scene, Noelle and Magna running off to distract the others that were present. As yet another commotion started between the two of them, arguing about water or fire being better, the two mages crouched down where Vanessa disappeared.

"Do you sense that?" Yuno whispered, looking at Finral.

The spatial mage nodded grimly. "Although it has a different feel, there are definitely traces of portal magic left behind... or whatever the quirk thing is. I still don't get it."

Yuno just shrugged. "Think you can track it?"

"Doubt it."

The two stared at the ground fiercely before swiveling their heads around quickly to where Yami was berating the cops.

"T-They think they're in Shizuoka! T-That's all we know!"

They head a grunt and then Yami loudly called:

"ALRIGHT DUMBASSES LET'S GET GOING!"

So much for cover.

~*~*~*~*~

After running away as quickly as they could, the five mages managed to evade the police, hiding in some alleyway. Catching their breath, the Bulls began to laugh. Yuno stared at them wide-eyed, thinking that he truly was surrounded by insane people.

"Oi, lighten up Golden boy." Yami smirked at him. "Live a little for once in your life."

"After living with Asta for most of my life I think I definitely have." Yuno muttered.

"So we have a city then." Finral intervened, straightening out his long sleeve. "The only issue is, I have no idea where that is. Haven't been there so I can't take us."

"Yuno can fly us." Noelle offered up, although it was more of a demand than anything else.

"I don't know how to get there either." The wind mage responded, crossing his arms.

Magna smiled while he fixed his glasses. "Why don't we just ask someone then? Sounds like the simplest answer."

"I never thought anything smart would actually come out of your mouth."

"Why are you always so mean, NoNo?!"

"Finral, go ask someone how to get to Shizuoka." Yami looked towards the spatial-user, arching an eyebrow when he didn't move. "You have ten seconds to go before I make you. Ten..."

"I-I'll be right back!" And with that Finral sprinted off, hoping that there was someone close by who could give him an answer, although he highly doubted his Captain would actually kill him... well, mostly anyways.

It was close to midnight at this point, the moon high in the sky and around fifteen minutes later the man wandered back, slightly out of breath. He offered the others a small smile. "I know where to go." Yuno simply opened his grimoire, creating a wind large enough to carry all five of the mages and they were off, bringing them one step closer to their wayward friends.