Fourth Intermission

"How do we keep losing all our mages?" Marx muttered tiredly, the question not directed at anyone in particular.

Everyone who had been sent out searching were currently residing in Julius' office, going over the most recent incident that had occurred. Sorrow, anger, and confusion were the most prominent emotions shown, no one certain what to do for the next step.

Finding out the Yami and two more of his members had gone missing was a blow to everyone. Even those who weren't particularly fond of the Black Bulls were in shock that they were nowhere to be found as well.

Julius sighed deeply, watching the clouds roll by in the sky.

Losing Yami was painful, not that the others were not as much. It was just he had a long relationship with the foreigner and he had thought that if anyone could find the missing teens it would've been him. Clearly he had misjudged the power that their enemy held. And no, he didn't believe it was the Eye of the Midnight Sun, not anymore.

"What's the plan now?" Nozel asked, trying to look relaxed as he leaned against the wall although his fidgeting betrayed him. Mereoleona stood nearby, tiny flames bursting around her due to the rage she felt, Leopold tapping his fingers together nervously.

"It's hard to say when none of us were able to find any evidence to lead us somewhere." Vangeance quietly said from where he stood next to Klaus who was a worried mess.

Charlotte paced back and forth. "It makes no sense for them to be able to disappear without any trail... even if spatial magic had been used we'd at least find a trace of mana..."

"What I am curious about," Marx began, looking around at the others, "Is why is it that the Black Bulls seem to be the ones targeted the most? Only two of our missing mages were Golden Dawn members, but the rest were from the Bulls brigade. There must be a reason for it."

"It isn't as though they'll find any civility with them." Nozel murmured, but it didn't have it's usual bite.

"Maybe if we bring them to the capital then whoever is after them will appear." Mereoleona grinned. "And if they do show up we can put them in their place."

"That isn't the worst idea." Vangeance agreed. "Then we'd be able to keep an eye on them and see if they really are the targets."

"Hopefully no more have gone missing though. We don't normally hear much from them to begin with and I fear there are more missing then we believe." Charlotte added, having stopped her pacing to focus on the others.

"Marx," Julius looked towards his aide, "See that they are immediately brought here. We'll explain the situation to them then and hope that they will cooperate. With their Captain now missing as well I'm sure they'll be more understanding."

Marx bowed slightly before hurrying out of the office, not wanting to waste any time in taking care of this matter. The others plopped down in seats knowing that they weren't anywhere close to being done. Julius sat as well, a thoughtful look on his face.

"Wizard King, sir." Leopold softly said, for once not a flaming ball of energy like his family was known to be. "Do you believe Asta and the others are doing okay?" Sad eyes bore into Julius and the man's heart broke for the child before him because that's all he really was still. Just a kid in his mid-teens.

"Of course. They're some of the strongest people I know so I'm sure they're doing fine." And it was the honest truth. Julius had complete faith in the Black Bulls and knew that no matter what was thrown at them, they'd be able to handle it. He knew better than to look down on them like everyone else did.

There were a few moments of silence that followed this, Leopold's sister roughly patting him on the head and whispering that everything would turn out fine, the complete opposite of her normal personality.

When Klaus also appeared as though he was about to ask a question, a frenzied Marx burst back into the room, Black Bull members following him, each one looking angry and worried.

"They took two more of the Bulls!" The aide exclaimed, being pushed aside by the remaining knights.

"Where are all of our members?!" Charmy cried from where she was perched on Gauche's back.

"You better tell me where everyone is or I'll kill you for Marie's sake." The sister-lover uttered, his eye gleaming with rage.

Grey for once was not shielding her face with her hands, instead shaking with nerves and anger. "Y-You better h-have some a-answers for us!" She yelled, hands balling up by her sides.

Gordon muttered something that sounded awfully like a curse.

Everyone looked at them wide-eyed, unsure of what to do with the murderous Magic Knights before them. However, even they could tell that they were missing members. Julius stood from his seat at his desk, offering his hands up in a silent peace offering.

"Who did they just take?" He asked calmly, waiting for a response although he was certain he already knew who it was.

"They took Magna and Luck! They took them from right in front of us!" Charmy said, dropping down from Gauche's back. A cotton sheep appeared behind her, eye's glinting. "Whoever this is, I want them dead!"

The other three Bulls cheered in agreement, and although their suspicions of the brigade being targeted was confirmed, none of the other Magic Knights in the room were pleased to see it. Despite them all not being overly happy with the squad, not a single one of them would have ever wished this to happen to them.

It was time to take action.