Chapter Fifty-Five

The students were for once grouped together, watching as the battle commenced. Asta and Noelle walked over to join them, talking with them as those from U.A. questioned the people on the field.

"So that's Finral's younger brother? Seems like a jerk." Kaminari commented.

"His power is radically different though." Midoriya piped up, mentally writing notes on everyone he was witnessing today. "His spacial magic seems more intense and deadly, like it's trying to kill. Finral's is more warm and welcoming."

"That's because he's never tried to kill us. I pity the mages against him right now." Uraraka muttered.

Ashido pointed at the other male on Langris' team. "Who's that guy?"

"Oh, I think that's Bah-Ha? I never paid attention to his real name. Not like it matters." Noelle answered, tilting her head to the side. "Although, now that you point him out he is a lot like Monoma."

"Tch. Then he's some weak-ass prick." Bakugou muttered, Asta just shrugging his shoulders although he tensed a bit.

"He's just a delivery service." Todoroki stated, Jirou chuckling slightly. They watched as Langris hitched a ride on the mage's bike, heading straight for the opposing team.

"You're not wrong."

The conversation quieted as Langris easily defeated the other team, Julius declaring Fragil, Sekke, and Langris as the winners. The group turned away to go mill around the platform, making their way over to the Bulls. Finral stood slightly separate from the group, Eri still in his arms happily humming away. The students noticed but said nothing, not wanting to pry into why he was standing off to the side.

However, they soon got their answer.

When Cob's doors opened, Langris strutted out ahead of his team, heading straight towards Finral. The Bull's spacial mage lowered Eri to the ground, softly telling her to go to Vanessa. The little girl hesitated, but after seeing the look in his eyes, she dashed away to the witch's waiting arms.

His friends straightened, on high alert as the younger brother stopped directly before the older, a haughty look crossing his face. Finral's back was facing them, but they could see the tension in the way he held himself.

"Brother," Langris began, eyeing up the other, "Your magic is nothing more than a delivery service. In the next match, please don't get caught in my spacial magic. Your body might get taken away with it."

Finral tensed, ignoring the anger he could feel radiating off of his friends. Langris continued, a smirk gracing his face.

"If that happened, your body disappears, then I'm sure mom and dad and that person would be sad."

"You're right." Finral slowly answered, hands balling into fists at his side. "So I'm going to make sure that doesn't happen... and beat you!" He raised his head to stare Langris in the eyes, the two brothers locking gazes.

The younger let out a laugh, although malice seeped into it. "Acting pretty high and mighty for a big brother. Since when have you been like this? Where'd that spineless coward go? Or did you knocking someone up make you realize you can't run away in the big, scary world?"

"I'm sorry. What did you just say?" Finral, not one for anger normally and rather being a pacifist, had immediately felt his blood begin to boil at his brother's words. Langris only continued on, unaware of the rage that was building in his older brother.

"I know Julius said that that brat's a victim of trafficking, but I think it's just a cover. I mean, why else would she be wanting to be in your arms at all moments and never leave your side? Is that the real reason mom and dad despise you? For having a child out of wedlock? The reason you're not the one who Finesse gets to marry?"