Eighth Intermission

Aizawa, before he was teleported, had been sitting in his office, at the top of 1-A's dorms, watching the security cameras for anything out of the ordinary. This had become a routine for him, after having to watch his kids fall through the portals without being able to do anything. His already sleep-deprived habits had become worse, the man lucky if he can catch even thirty minutes of sleep.

He couldn't let anyone else slip away. Not again.

So he sat in his office, watching the cameras to ensure nothing happened. The kids still slept together in the common room, no one wanting another person to leave. The living room had become a giant fort of sorts, blankets and pillows strewn everywhere, limbs entangled as they slept. After all, if one person was sucked away, then this way someone else would be alerted and could sound the alarm.

Hizashi had scolded Aizawa over all this, but it was half-hearted, the man incredibly worried as well, especially since Nemuri was taken. The erasure hero had shrugged, saying that it was the only logical way.

The loud mouth just did his own patrols around all the buildings late at night, so he was a hypocrite anyway for saying anything to Aizawa.

Sekijiro had also become overly protective of his own 1-B kids, those students shaken up as well. Even Monoma was quiet, not having anything to say. The two hero classes were together almost every day for their lessons, the teachers believing it better to keep them in the same areas in case anything else happened.

The principal had also had his paws full, talking with Tsukauchi to keep things as quiet as possible. If the Hero Commision of government found out, things could go very poorly. Nezu was already struggling with keeping things on the down-low within U.A. itself.

Everything was simply a mess.

And so Aizawa watched over his kids, eyes straining as they stared at the bright screens, too afraid to look away. And it was in this half-alive, half-aware state that he was taken.

The portal quietly opened near his chair, almost as if taunting the hero to notice. But when nothing happened, it quickly struck, becoming a gaping void on the floor, the hero tumbling through it. He didn't have a chance to cry out, instead his mind whirling through all the possibilities. But the main thought was finding his kids, as long as he landed where they were. The portals didn't seem to care too much about that.

Aizawa collided with cold stone, groaning as he forced himself up. Shaking his head, he pushed himself onto his knees, flinging his hair out of his face. He had landed in a corridor, and with a quick glance above he confirmed that the portal was no longer present. However, he realized that he was the only one to have been taken this time as no one else was with him.

Standing up, he began walking down the hallway, peering into rooms to see if anyone was around. It wasn't until he reached a crossroads that he heard it, that all too familiar sound. And then he began to run.

Eri's cries were something he still was haunted by in his nightmares, never wanting to hear such a sound come out of the girl again. And the fact that that was what was resonating down the hall could only mean horrible things.

Aizawa chased the sound of the screams, running faster and faster as they became louder. Reaching the correct hall, his eyes widened at the added sound of his children yelling, and he could even pick out the witch's voice as well. Skidding to a stop before the doorway where everything was coming from, he froze at the sight for a second. And then he was moving.

The hero pushed past the crowd, quirk flaring to life within him as his gaze locked on to his foster-daughter's form, internally sighing as the energy radiating from her died away. His tired but watering eyes watched as the little girl collapsed onto the prone form of Finral, her sobs echoing in the otherwise quiet room.

When his own tears began to trail down his face, quirk disappearing, Aizawa rushed forward to pry Eri off of the spatial mage, collecting her into his arms. And the hero didn't care who saw him crying, just happy to have the little girl in his arms once more, and to see some of his children alive as well. He knew that there was going to be more madness to deal with when things had calmed down, but he couldn't find it in him to care.

Not now, at least. Not now.

Intermissions are always short. BUT, we about to reach the end of this. Obviously the trio are going to fight the Captains (if you have ideas please tell me), but after that we go into the end game (hee hee, Endgame. Sorry). And then sequel! :D

As always, thank you all for the support and love to this book, I appreciate it so much. Love you all!

~Zelinith