Chapter Intermission

"Wizard King?"

"Why is he here?!"

"Kneel you idiots!"

The mages were shocked when they saw Julius standing in the 1-A dorm common room, and the students looked around not knowing who this man was. Yami and Aizawa flanked him, having pulled him away earlier in the day from the teacher's lounge. Eri, having been introduced beforehand, ran up to Vanessa who pulled her in for a hug, having dropped to her knees.

"Uh... why are you all kneeling?"

"Yeah who is this guy?"

"Oh!" Julius spoke up, going to answer the curious students. "I am Julius Novochrono, the Wizard King of the Clover Kingdom." He wore a bright smile, eyes shining as he stared upon his knights.

"Y-You're a king?!"

"Legit?!"

"Holy shi-cow!"

The students began to murmur amongst themselves, eyeing this man with blatant curiosity. Julius paid them no mind as he walked forward to the kneeling mages, bending down so he could pat their heads.

"I'm so happy to see that you're all alright." He spoke softly, and the small smiles he received in return told him that everything was going to be alright. "We were all so afraid when there was no trace of you, but seeing you all in one piece alleviates my mind. I only wish the others could see you too."

Eventually the mages and students crowded around together in the living room, everyone reintroducing themselves due to Julius' insistence so he could learn about their powers. When they had finished, Midoriya shyly asked the Wizard King about mana, having some questions about how it worked. Delighted to find a fellow fan of power and magic, the two immediately fell into deep discussion about the topic, eventually involving quirks and other things.

It went a bit something like this:

"So mana is truly the natural environment that you are drawing from and everyone connects to it in a different way? That's so interesting!"

"Well it seems to me that your quirks are also an interesting development if they usually are based on what your ancestors have had. Magic works in a way like that, but there is no solid proof that it happens based on our identities."

"Asta makes me curious though, because why does mana not love him?"

"HEY!"

"I'm unsure of that. I would be inclined to say it has something to do with his make-up, but then again I am unsure. I haven't done many experiments myself into mana, only read about it and traveled to witness things myself."

"Hmmm... I wonder if there was a way to do a blood analysis of all of you mages and compare your DNA to see if there is any difference. I mean there obviously would be because most of you are unrelated, but it would help show if there's something that makes one capable of manipulating mana."

"That sounds wonderful! I'm sure they would do it, and if not I'll use my power as Wizard King to make them! This could lead to so many answers to my questions!"

The rest of the room blanched at the energy they created, shuddering at how intense their fanboying was. They decided it was best to leave them alone for a bit, although with their two brilliant minds put together, it may actually not be such a great thing. But that's a future problem to deal with.

The others split off into groups, some milling about the kitchen preparing dinner while some headed to the tables to work on homework. The television was turned on to a kid's show for Eri and those closest to her cuddled around. All in all, the afternoon was very pleasant.

Until it wasn't.

The mages were the ones who noticed it first, maybe because of their mana sense, but nevertheless they became instantly on alert. They all jumped to their feet, startling the others in the room. Grimoires began to float as they looked around warily, unsure of what was coming.

"All of you kids, get back!" Vanessa said tensely, pushing Eri to join the students by the others. Aizawa became alert as well, standing protectively from where his students hid behind him in the kitchen.

"What's going on?!" Ashido cried, the others also just as confused.

"Something's coming. Fast." Luck said, smile tight.

Magna and Yami stood near him while Finral stretched his fingers, moving himself to stand in front of Asta and Noelle. Julius was already covering Mimosa and Yuno. Vanessa twisted thread in her hands, Rouge ready to pounce.

It was silent for a good minute, no one making any sudden sounds or movements.

And then it struck.

"Watch out!"

A portal appeared beneath all the mages along with a few of the students. Rouge only managed to tap a couple of them to prevent them from falling, unable to catch the rest as Vanessa herself fell in. Her thread was unable to find a hold while Finral's portals were faltering. Julius' time magic was ineffective. Without a chance to take action, the mages went spiralling down the portals until they landed on solid ground. Those of U.A. who came with them screamed in fear, none of their quirks capable of saving them from falling.

In the 1-A common room, cries of anguish could soon be heard throughout campus, this time signalling that they had been stolen from and not the other way around. And when they realized just who had been taken and left, it would make for a horrible night.

IT IS HAPPENING! YAY!!!

Also, I will be doing a sequel on this that will focus on the aftermath of this story and them staying in contact. I am having loads of fun writing this so that'll be a way to continue even when this is over. But that's way in the future. We have tons of things planned for BC!!!

Thank you as always for the love towards this story. I never thought so many people would find this enjoyable. I just wanted to do something I had always wanted to see in a way I thought would be fun. So let's start this second half off together and have more great times ahead!

~Zelinith