Chapter Thirty-Two

"What the hell are you doing here?" Yami peered at Magna, giving him a hard stare.

"Whaddaya mean?!" The teen cried out, glasses becoming askew on his face. "If I had any idea I would've told ya already!"

They had moved back to the room they were all gathered in before,after realizing that this was a friend and not foe. They ushered Magna quickly out of the main space before too many people saw him. Sansa stayed behind, trying to get things under control without having to explain everything completely.

The Bulls were in the process of... a reunion of sorts.

"You're supposed to be holding down the base while we're gone. Clearly, I was wrong to put that task to you."

"C-Captain! It wasn't my fault! Luck and I were doing great but then we were suddenly falling through this portal thing and-"

"Portal? So you decided to fall through one too without thinking it through?"

"I didn't have much of a choice-"

"Sounds like a lame excuse to me."

"C-Captain, please!"

"You mentioned Luck fell through too?" Finral interrupted, pushing Yami aside slightly to face the younger mage.

"Yeah, that punk was right next to me when all a sudden this portal appeared beneath our feet! He was laughing while we fell! I tried to grab a hold of him, but we got separated."

"Hmmm... I wonder where he went then." Finral muttered to himself, nearly falling over when Yami pushed him back.

"Don't go pushing your Captain around, unless you got a death wish."

Noelle pushed aside Yami, coming to stand in front of him and her other members. "D-Do you think Luck went wherever the others are being held?"

Everyone in the room paused for a moment at the mage's words.

"That actually is highly plausible." Aizawa said, the room turning to look at him. "Think about it. Every time one of you has come through a portal it has always been in the same area as one who was already here. I don't think it's impossible for that to have happened this time as well considering you're split up into two groups."

Tsukauchi nodded slowly, determination setting into his eyes. "Let me go speak with Sansa and see if he's heard from Gran Torino. Like I was trying to say before, there's a city where there have been rumors of villains gathering. If your friend has fallen through, then maybe something more has been heard."

As the detective went to exit the room, Finral put a hand on the man's shoulder, stopping him in his tracks. He gave the spatial mage a questioning look.

"Ask if there's been any sign of... lightning... in the area. Or possible murder..." Seeing the man's paling face, Finral offered him a sheepish smile. "He's known as the Cheery Berserker... I think that should explain itself."

"That's my best friend you're talking about there! Be nice to him!"

"It's the truth!" Finral tried to defend himself while Tsukauchi escaped the room as quickly as he could, wondering what the hell he had just gotten himself into.

"He just likes to fight! Nothing wrong with that!"

"It is when it constantly destroys our home!" Noelle butted in, putting her hands on her hips.

"The base fixes itself!

"Doesn't mean we should put it to it's limits!"

"Do you know how often I have to portal away an attack from hitting me in the head?!"