🌞Chapter 22🌻

🌞🌻

At the Office

"A complaint from the EDF company?" asked Mew to Gulf.

"It looks like they're the only one that haven't received the order form from the new products. They seem pretty upset.."

"Haven't we sent the form? How did this happen?"

"Well...I sent the form by fax, but the person in charge was away, so I left a message for him, but..."

"You forgot to confirm it after that?"

"I'm very sorry."

"Is there a problem, Manager?" asked Kaownah, approaching them.

"A bit. There's a complaint from EDF company."

"Ah...I have an acquaintance working there. Shall I try to talk to him about this?"

"Really? That'd be a great help."

Guf is just standing there, listening to Mew and Kaownah's conversation, doesn't know how to fit in.

P'Kaownah...

Kaownah called the EDF company, apologize to them, and after the company reassured them their still in good relationship, they breathed a sigh of relief.

"One case closed. Now we only need to send the order form." said Kaownah, after putting down the receiver.

"Ummm..thank you very much! I don't know what would become of me if you weren't here..." Gulf said, thankful for Kaownah's kindness.

But...

"Would you please not get the wrong idea..?" said Kaownah, scowling at him. "I didn't do this for you. I did it because Manager wanted me to."

"Huh?"

"Hmph. I never thought of you as such as useless person who can't even do the job right. Just why did Manager Mew choose you?"

"What...what are you talking about?" Gulf feeling confused.

"Don't play dumb with me. You two are going out, right?" He said, straight to the point.

He knows...

"Wha---what are you..." Gulf stuttered, feeling nervous. "You're wrong. I---I..."

"You really are dumb. You can't even pull a good lie at a time like this." Kaownah continue spitting harsh word to Gulf. "I really pity the manager having you as his lover. He shouldn't have any problem finding someone better."

"Umm..what does that..."

"You know, I really hate someone like you. Even though all you do is troubling others around you, you'd still wag your tail to someone who would benefit you." Kaownah added, crossing his arms. "You probably thought, you'd have it easy if you have Manager Mew on your side."

"I never..."

Kaownah cut Gulf off, smirking at him. "You are a really sly one. Why don't you try thinking about it for once? Are you really a person worthy of being with Manager Mew?"

"Well then, I'm leaving. Surely, you can send a fax by yourself, right?" Kaownah said, teasing him, closing the door, leaving Gulf alone.

Gulf didn't say anything...
...But his mind is full of his unspoken thoughts.

'Wha--what the hell is he...'
'I'm the sly one!? I approached the manager to use him!?'
'You're the dumb one! You think anyone would be crazy enough to do that to that manager!?'
'Talking like you know everything when you know absolutely nothing. I don't care if you're an elite or what, your personality is the worst!'
'I really hate a tracherous bastard like you!'

And on top of that..what do you mean 'worthy'? There's no need to think about that when you're going out with someone.

But...when I think about that...it's really vexing that I can't completely deny it.

TBC