🌞Chapter 28🌻

🌞

"Well then, have you read the documents we sent you the other day?" said the client who has a meeting with Mew.

"Yes, and actually. I want to discuss our contract for next year"

Mew glance clock that's hanging on the wall near him.

"Ah. Do you have another appointment, Mr. Mew?"

"Ah...No, I don't"

"By the way, how about a drink? I know a good place."

"Ah, that would be nice. Let's talk about the details as we drink." said Mew, accepting the offer.

"Four hours left..." he mumbled, looking at his wrist watch.

🌻

At the Restaurant

Gulf's company throws a drinking session after working hours.

"Thanks for the hard work." said one of the head of the company.

"And this year's about to pass. Time sure fast." said the other.

"Hey, where's Manager Mew?" asked one of the male employee.

"He said he's going straight home after he's done meeting with the client. You know, that contract for next year..."

"Ah, how boring."

'I can't help it..It's his job.' Gulf thought, sulking.

"How annoying." Kaownah commented, who's sitting beside Gulf.

'P'Kaownah!'

"How long have you been there?" Gulf jumped a little on his seat.

"Just because Manager Mew isn't around, you're emitting so much negative aura. Everything just shows on your face. How pathetic!"

"I--It's not like that. We have a date..."

Gulf defended, but Kaownah cut him off.

"Are you a kid? To hell with your date! Stop mixing work with personal matters!" Kaownah said, scolding Gulf. "Geez...what a mystery. Why in the world he'd taken interest in you? It's still not too late now. How about breaking up with Manager Mew for his sake?"

Gulf felt pissed at Kaownah's nonsense blabber.

"Please don't meddle in other people's personal natters!"

"What? I'm not saying something wrong, am I?"

"Wah...you two really get along well." said their co-worker, seeing them talking but not noticing their bickering.

'Yuck!' Gulf and Kaownah's internal thought.

Kaownah smiled and turned towards the said co-worker, "I am merely guiding my subordinate as a senior, it's just the right thing to do."

"Oh my...P'Kaownah, you're very kind." praise of the co-worker.

'Gee..you-two faced jerk!'

"Uhm...by the way P'Kaownah, do you have a girlfriend?"

"Ah, not at the moment."

"But he's got a person he likes, though I'm sure it'll end as an unrequited love." Gulf said, feeling pissed.

"What are you saying?" Kaownah faking a laugh, then elbowed Gulf on the side.

"If you don't want me to spread it around then stop meddling in my relationship with Manager." Gulf whispered.

The drinking session between Gulf and Kaownah continue with their silent battle with each other, trying both of them to win.

TBC