Chapter 17: Reason

Chapter 17

For the next three days, Lareina avoided the two. She was busy reflecting on what happened recently, including the time she became friends with Sean and Yvo. At first, she was reluctant to avoid the two but how could she act like nothing had happened, that would feel very awkward.

Up till now, her mind is in turmoil. It never occurred to her that She will get confessions from two hot guys whom She somehow considered best friends.

While contemplating, she just realized that it was all because of her that Sean and Yvo showed deep hostility toward each other.

From other's perspectives, they might say that She's lucky, to be pursued by handsome men but for her, it was really difficult. She cannot afford to choose since she doesn't want to hurt or lose either of them. For the time being, she thought that it was better to avoid them before approaching the two without an answer.

Every time Sean will pick her up for School, she was gone already even her parents were getting confused and thought that they had a little fight which Sean immediately rejected, explaining that maybe Lareina was in a hurry because of their project.

Thursday came, the day before their performance she finally approached Yvo during their break time to talk. Yvo was startled at first but instantly gained his composure back after a second.

"So, about the other day..." Lareina started, trailing off as she looked down playing with her fingers. "I pondered it over and for the sake of our friendship, I somehow decided that I will give you both a chance to court me. Don't get me wrong, I don't have feelings for any of you but maybe from courtship one will...y-you know...One will change my mind. Anyways, I hope that what happened recently will not affect our performance."

Hearing Lareina says 'Both', Yvo's face immediately turned sour. Good thing, Lareina lowered her head.

'I prefer if it was only me she had given a chance.' He thought, still frowning.

He smiles, "It's alright, I understand. I'm thankful though that you'd let me court you. Anyways, did you already talk to him?"

Lareina shook her head. "I haven't seen him yet, maybe later during lunch. I'm afraid, he might be busy since he won the online poll."

Yvo's head visibly formed a knot. "What online poll? I never heard of
it."

Lareina's eyes widened as she stared at Yvo in disbelief. "Are you serious?! It's always been the head topic on our School page. Don't tell me you didn't open up our school site?"

"No." Yvo honestly admitted that made Lareina groan loudly. "What a boring person, you are." She mumbled as she opened up her phone looking for something.

"This is it." She said giving her phone to Yvo for him to see. "An online poll created by our Student's council where students can vote who they want to perform for this coming night concert next week."

It's a list of 15 students, with Sean's picture on top. Still confused about how Sean got nominated, he returned the phone to Lareina and asks. "How come that Sean got selected? Didn't you say that he stopped singing on the first day he entered the University?"

Lareina nodded. "Yeah, He already stopped. But there's an anonymous person that posted Sean's video  singing that easily attracts everyone's attention, especially girls." She stated clearly.

Speaking of Sean suddenly stopping from music. There's still a question in Yvo's head needed for an answer. So he asks Lareina again, thinking she knew the reason behind it.

"Lareina, there's still something I'm curious about and it's about...Sean." He said in a low voice, scratching his nape.

Lareina grinned teasingly. "Never knew that you were interested in Sean's story. Don't tell me you're already getting along. I'll be happy if that happens."

"Silly, I have to know my enemy first before attacking him, right?" He smirked and Lareina let out a sigh.

'It seems like they couldn't get along.' She thought to herself.

"Don't underestimate Sean, he has a lot of charms." She defended.

Yvo shrugged his shoulders and then smirked. "I have my charms too you know. Anyways, don't change the topic. I was about to ask why he suddenly stopped singing. I won't buy the idea that he wanted to be a designer, maybe there's another reason behind it."

"Oh, you want to know about that...Fine, I'll tell you. It wasn't a secret anyway." Lareina retorted.

"Back then, people get to know him because of singing. Many admire him, not just because of his talents but also due to his face and humble personality. During middle school, he was a member of our School's music club that always perform on the stage whenever there was a program. Back then, Sean's popularity is too high as if he were a celebrity. His desks, his bag, and even his lockers were always filled with love letters, chocolates, and roses. Students at that time admired him so much that he can't even have a life that a normal student should have. He even got a stalker that pissed him off to the bone 'cause he always texted him cringe messages like "Sean, you're so beautiful."  etcetera. Sean tried to change his number so many times but the stalker somehow manage to get it every time.
Abruptly it stopped sending when Sean went to college. Since he doesn't want to experience that situation again, he decided to stop singing or competing at the school temporarily and pursued Arts and design courses." Lareina explained feeling disheartened as she remember that scenario again.

She likes Sean when he sings since his voice is very warm and charming just like the owner but She had to respect his decision. It's not like Sean is giving up on singing anyway, he'll probably continue to sing after he graduates.

"Oh, that's it. Because of a crazy stalker." Yvo only managed to say after hearing Sean's story.

"Anyways, let's practice later." He reminded and Lareina showed him a thumbs up in reply.

|R.N|IMVICTORIQUE

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

GOD BLESS