Chapter 18: Performance

Chapter 18

TOMORROW came in a blink of an eye. A very important day for both Lareina and Yvo. Sean and Lareina already made up since yesterday when Lareina went to Sean's art club. Sean was delighted as he heard the news that she will give him a chance but like Yvo, he could not also help but frown hearing he also give a chance to the latter and now, they became rivals for Lareina's heart.

Not also that, but hearing the news about the online poll astounded him. Now, he's beginning to wonder about the identity of that anonymous person who posted his video. He wanted to refuse the offer but during their lunch at the cafeteria, Li Queen, the Student council Vice-president slash Darren's Girlfriend did not allow him to refuse and said that the program has been settled already and not even a little change can be made. In the end, he had no choice but to oblige. On that same day, he began to practice at the music club after school.

That time, he want to be with Lareina, but the girl said she was going to practice with Yvo and Yvo will be the one who will send her home from that day on. Wanting to be fair to Yvo, she came to that idea since Sean was always the one who picked her up every morning.

•••

While waiting for their names to be called, Lareina cannot sit still. Her knees keep shaking due to nervousness, anxious that she will make a mistake later when they will perform.

Yvo faintly noticed it and as a suitor, he took her hand and feel it. It feels cold like what he had expected, he knew this feeling since he also experienced this the first time he compete on stage. "Don't be nervous. We can do it." He said with a low voice, trying to ease her worries away.
Lareina's face redden and hastily pull her hands from Yvo's grip. "I-I'm fine, just a little anxious. D-don't worry, it will get away soon." She mumbled, forcing an awkward laugh.

Yvo just nodded before focusing his attention again at the front where two of their classmates were performing a classic solemn song.

A little while after the eighth performance, the professor finally called their names so Yvo immediately stands up, looking so manly with his casual oversized stripe polo matched with a white shirt inside and blue jeans. He then stretched up his hand to Lareina as if he was asking for a dance. When Lareina took it, he gently pull her up and guide her toward the front.

The boy's eyes sparkle as they saw Lareina wearing a white dress that suits her complexion making her look like a living tiny doll. Now, All their classmates are focusing on the duo, anticipating what will be their performance knowing Yvo is a talented guy-almost perfect in their eyes.

"Good morning everyone, I and Lareina will be performing our song entitled 'Sing my heart to you'. Hope you will like it." Says Yvo as he introduced the song confidently.

Yvo made a countdown as he went into his position as well as Lareina. He signaled their class president to start the music as he sways his body waiting for his line.

At the start of the melodic song, Yvo was the first one to sing followed by Lareina then sang together during the chorus. While Yvo was acting like he was serenading Lareina making all the girls scream excitedly, while some is Jealous, wishing to be in Lareina's place.

At the bridge of the song, Yvo shows the class his dancing skills which surprised everyone including their professor. For them, they didn't know that Yvo could be this good and talented. His freestyle dancing is superb, really fits the music. And as the duo ended their performance, the entire class clapped their hands in amazement.

After all the performances, here is now the most awaited part-the announcing of winners. As they all know, the winners will get a chance to perform on stage in front of all the professors, students, audiences, and well-known entertainment artists. If someone gets lucky, he/she might be scouted or might be offered to enter the entertainment world at a fast pace and that's what everyone is aiming for, particularly Yvo and Lareina.

"Is this the last group or not?" The professor curiously asks as he made his way to the front.

"Yes sir, last." A girl with headphones on her neck stated as she goes back to her sit.

"I see..." The professor nodded, "So only nine groups. Are you all ready to hear the results?" He enthusiastically said partnered up with a drum-rolled sound effect that came as he patted his desk ceremoniously.

"Ready!!!" All of the students screamed excitedly including Yvo and Lareina.

"Okay, good! But before that, I wanted you to know that everything you all did today was great. You all exceeded my expectations. Even though you are just a freshman, you're performance is on another level. However, as we all know, only one group in each class will be able to perform during the night concern. It's a sad fact that we all have to accept, but no worries I'll give you all a plus as an incentive." The professor meticulously explained that brought students to feel various kinds of emotions. Some are sad, some are disappointed, some are happy, but all in all, every one of them understands that in every competition there will always be one winner. And lastly, no regrets since they all gave their best as an aspiring artist.

"So yeah, the winner of this class who will perform at the concert is..." He continued to announce then stop as he point to a student who was sitting on the beatbox to make a drum roll beat adding to the suspense atmosphere.

"Yvo and Lareina, Congratulations!" He cheered as he signal them to move forward. "Especially Yvo, I love your dancing. Never knew you could dance like that thought you were just a silent type of a guy but jeez...and you Lareina, you sang well... great! Good job guys! Great chemistry..."

Still shocked by the great news, Lareina and Yvo are still in awe as their classmates congratulate them. It takes a few minutes for them to understand that they won just like what they wanted in the first place.

Feeling tremendously happy, Lareina shifts her eyes to the man standing beside her. And without further ado, she gratefully hugged him making the whole class tease them.

"We won! We actually won!" She happily said before breaking the hug. "I can't wait to tell it, Sean. Oh my gosh, I'm so glad!"

Hearing the name that came off her lips, Yvo came back to reality.

'Right, we did it. Sure as hell, he'll be jealous since we will perform as a duo.' He innately thought as a grin slowly form on his face.