CHAPTER 3: Rival

Chapter 3

Third person's POV.

It's already afternoon and Sean's class ended smoothly since it's just the first day of classes. The professors just introduced themselves and briefly told everyone what do they need to expect this coming school year.

As the bell rang, dismissing the whole class, Sean quickly pulled his bag and wear it on his side. When he's finally done fixing everything, he heads out from his respective room and led himself to the performing arts building where Lareina is.

As a senior who had a handsome look, Sean is quite famous himself -not just in girls. As he walked around the hallway many students noticed him and greeted him politely. Sean who's also well-known because of his positive attitude not just because of his beauty, greeted back and wave on everyone.

"Sean, why are you in a hurry?" A man said placing his arms over Sean's shoulder. "Aren't we supposed to hang out today since it is our first day and it's been a month since the last time we saw each other." The man added pretending to be sad.

"Not now, ren. I'm picking up my best friend." Sean said in retort.

Darren is Sean's first friend as he entered the University. They were both in arts and design courses but Darren shifted courses and is now on the performing arts practicing his acting ability. Due to their same optimistic behavior, they quickly clicked in and somehow, though they weren't classmates anymore they still have contact and sometimes hang out when have free time. Usually, they hang out in each other houses playing video games like other boys would do.

The man named Darren let go of Sean and looked at him like he was in pain. "Who are you? You are not my Sean. He won't reject me like this?" He woe.

Sean rolled his eyes as Darren acted dramatically again. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. I'm going now, maybe tomorrow we'll hang out. I'm picking up someone today." He mused making the other curious.

Darren's face though a little bit surprised become goofy as he caught up to Sean's fast walking pace. "And who is this someone you're picking up? a friend? cousin? or maybe a girlfriend?" He teased.

Sean's face reddened as he heard Darren's last words. 'It feels good' He thought. In some way, he was liking the idea of him picking up Lareina not as a friend but as a couple and as they go home together they will hold hands and hug like couples usually do.

"Woah, why are you blushing so suddenly?" Darren exclaimed. "Now I can't wait to see the person you picking up. I can finally meet the girl who captivates the famous Sean that every girl and boy dreamed of."

"Tch. don't misunderstand. It's my girl best friend Lareina. The one I usually told you."

Darren nodded as if he remembered something trivial. "Ah, the girl you have been in love with?!"

Sean who was surprised by his friend's blunt words stopped walking and faced his friend cluelessly.

"I don't remember telling that to you." He muttered deeply, wondering how Darren knew about his secret admiration.

The latter looked at him with disbelief. "You're asking me that? Seriously?"

Sean nodded and Darren averted his gaze to the people who were looking at them as they playfully bicker. As he realized that they were gaining attention, he rapidly grabbed Sean away from the crowd.

"Your hopeless, man. Are you one of the dean's listers?" He mocked but soon groaned because Sean punched his shoulder.

"Don't you dare tease me?! I'm asking you politely. So what about it? how did you know?"