CHAPTER 13: Lunch

Chapter 13

"Why are you with her?" Sean directly asked while throwing a dagger look at Yvo. Not minding that they were at the mall where people pass by.

Yvo knew Sean would react like this but what he doesn't expect to happen is to see Sean here in the mall. What a coincidence, looks like his plan for confessing will be on hold for now.

"Like what she said, we're gonna eat," Yvo replied, shrugging his shoulder noncommittally. "But, I was planning on confessing though, too bad you're here." He continued as his mouth formed into a grin that made the latter more furious.

"What the hell!? I won't let that happen!" Sean jolted, and that somehow caught people's attention.

"Too bad, you're not the boss of me."

"I won't let y—"

"Hey, you too! why are you still standing there? Are you planning to be a statue?! Move your asses here, we're already hungry!" ZhuCheng shouted grumpily, not letting Sean finish his words. He walked towards the two and pulled Sean harshly without waiting for him to react. While Yvo just followed them silently.

As they reached their table, the girls are already saying their orders to the waiter beside them. ZhuCheng sat beside his sister while Yvo and Sean sat across the siblings, surrounding Lareina on both sides.

After saying their orders, Lulu looked at Yvo. "Hey, I didn't catch up on your name a while ago, I'm Lulu, Sean's cousin and this is my brother..."She trailed off, pointing her delicate finger to Cheng. "ZhuCheng."

"Yvo, I'm Lareina's classmate," Yvo replied politely.

"Oh, that's why..." ZhuCheng suddenly muttered as if he learned something necessary.

Yvo's brows arched in confusion as he shifts his eyes at him. ZhuCheng who noticed his actions quickly waved his hands, not wanting to say any more words in front of Lareina. "Nothing, don't mind me."

While waiting for their order, Lulu noticed the tension between the two boys. And as their elder sister, she can't help not to care. So to prevent them from killing each other with their glances, She called Yvo and Lareina's attention and starts interrogating them about their school and kinds of stuff.

The conversation went smoothly not until the topic dropped on Sean who was just silently pouting at the side.
"I forgot Sean, what's your course again? You're also in performing arts right?"

Yvo tilted his head sideways, thinking, "Performing arts? What will he do in there? Designing? Crazy."

"I'm majoring in Design, Jie." He answered without looking at her. He then hurriedly fix their table as he saw the waiter approach them.

Lulu gasped in surprise while ZhuCheng looked at Sean wide-eyed.

"What? You didn't pursue singing?"

'Singing? So he can sing?!' Yvo wondered.

"Nope." He said emphasizing the 'p'. "You know that designing is my passion from the start, performing arts is only my second option. And, I want to have a diploma first before anything else." He explained.

"He stopped singing ever since he entered the university, Lujie," Lareina interjected that caught the sibling's interest including Yvo.

"Why?" She wondered.

"Personal reasons," Sean replied dismissively.

"That's too bad, I wanted you to pursue singing." She sighed, pouting at Sean. "But if that's what you want, I'm okay with it. Anyways, let's eat!"

An hour passed, and now they are done eating. After a little rest, they decided to tour around the mall and on that afternoon, Yvo and Lareina together with Zhan accompanied the siblings to the car they used a while ago since it was about time for them to leave. At first, Sean is supposed to come with them, but since Lareina is here he chose not to. He can't leave her alone with him anymore learning that Ivan is making a move already.

Before entering the car, Lulu called Sean and once gave him a farewell Hug. "Hey Sean, take care of yourself okay?! Don't exhaust yourself too much. We're gonna miss you." She whispered tapping his back lightly.

Sean tightened the hug. "I'm gonna miss you too. Tell Auntie and Uncle, I miss them and I'll gonna have my summer vacation at your house." He gleefully chatted before breaking off the hug. He then shifted his head towards Zhucheng who looked smugly. "Hey cousin, be careful on the drive home okay and seriously, will you please erase that frowning face?! It makes you look even more ug—"

"Continue and I'll punch you," ZhuCheng warned, lifting his fist.

"Woah!" Sean said amazingly. "You're acting maturely now, I thought you gonna said 'Continue and I'll slap y—Okay okay I stop." Sean mouthed in surrender when he saw ZhuCheng walk towards him. He then hide behind Lulu's back while Lareina and Lulu just chuckled.

'Typical boys' They thought.

While Yvo who's watching the scene from the side can't help to hiss because of their childishness.

"Stop it now, boys." Lulu butted in before glancing at her brother. "Let's go, ZhuCheng." ZhuCheng nodded his head in agreement.

Lulu then looked at Yvo and Lareina. "We're going, take care you two. Study well. Yvo, it was nice meeting you."

Yvo who rarely smiles at strangers, politely smiles at Lulu. "It was nice meeting you too, Lu...." He embarrassingly scratched the back of his neck unable to finish his words. He's kind of hesitating to call her Lujie since Sean is in front of him. Also, he doesn't want it to have seemed that he's feeling close, especially to someone related to Sean.

Lulu noticed his reluctance and let out a soft giggle. "Silly boy, just called me Lujie,  no need to hesitate you are Sean's friend."

Sean huffed, "We're not friends."

Lulu who heard it pretend not to hear. She knows the reason why her little cousin is acting like that. If it wasn't because of Lareina, he knew Yvo and Sean would be friends since Sean is like everybody's friend.

"Anyways, it's time. Bye-bye." She bid goodbye before entering the car. While ZhuCheng who was already sitting at the driver's seat gave them a last wave before turning on the ignition and drove off.

"Wooh." Sean inhale deeply as he watched the figure of the car slowly fade away from his sight. He then turned around to Lareina and asks, "So, what we should do now?"

|R.N|IMVICTORIQUE

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

GOD BLESS