CHAPTER 4: Daytoy

Chapter 4

Lareina noticed that Sean was being silent the whole time. Ever since only the two of them remained. In her guess, it's already half an hour when Darren bid farewell to them and since then, Sean wasn't talking at all which isn't his usual behavior. Lareina remembered that the last time Sean acted like this was when someone asked her out in front of Sean's very eyes. Sean is a talkative guy and for him to behave like this, Lareina knew that something is going wrong with him.

"Sean?" Lareina tried calling him, nudging Sean's polo shirt gently as he pedaled them on the way home.

"Hmm?" Sean replied shortly, eyes still focusing on the road.

"Is something wrong? You are not being your usual self today and I hate it. You're being secretive to me and that's unfair on my part."

"There's nothing wrong with me," Sean responded dismissively which made the girl angry.

"Well, I don't believe you! There's really something wrong and you are hiding it from me. What am I, Sean? I'm your best friend since childhood and you still can't manage to tell me what's going on about you! It's quite unfair 'cause you always wanted me to tell you about my problem. Yet, you won't tell me yours. Am I really that untrustworthy that you can't even share your problem with me?!" She sobbingly shouted, fighting back the tears that began forming in the corner of her eyes, waiting to fall.

Sean who heard his friend's sobs, looked behind and saw Lareina weeping silently. He then hastily turned the bike to the side of the road and pull over. As soon as the bike stops moving, Lareina quickly climbed down from her seat, and without muttering any words, she began walking away from Sean which made the older nervous.

"Hey, Lareina wait!" Sean caught her wrist, trying to stop her.

"What now?! I am an unreliable best friend so let go of my hand this instant!" Lareina commanded struggling.

Sean silently cursed himself for acting like a jerk making his beloved best friend cry just because of his jealousy.

"Look, I'm sorry okay? I was just thinking about something."

Lareina's eyes narrowed. "And you can't even share me about it?"

"Look, it's not about that okay." Sean reasoned out. "I can tell it to you but I don't know how will you react to my favor."

"What favor?" Asks Lareina who was now slightly calm.

Sean heaved a sigh of relief when Lareina seemed to calm down. He then let go of her wrist and wiped her tears off using his thumb.

Unknown to his knowledge, Lareina was just using her acting capabilities on him, wanting him to open up to her about his problem.

"C-Can you..C-can you stop being friendly on Y-Yvo? I don't trust him." He said while stuttering.

"W-What? Your being like this because of him?" Lareina asked in disbelief. "When we guys first met you seems cool toward each other. How come that after a few days both of you will hate each other's guts."

'It's because of You.' Said Sean internally.

"Just listen to me, okay, it's better for you to avoid him. He's aloof, cold and from the looks of it, he wasn't the type of person that's good with people. Moreover, I don't want to see you with him again. You get me?"

Lareina's head knitted upon hearing his best friend's words. It is her first time seeing Sean bad-mouthing someone and that someone is also her newfound friend. She somewhat feels disappointed. "No." She mused while shaking her head. "Yvo is not aloof, okay? He's an introverted type of person. You know what Sean, it's better if you get to know each other. He's talented, he likes sports and is also good at dancing. He's a good friend, really and I don't want to avoid him. Please, Sean, don't do this to me."