CHAPTER 12: Coincidence

Chapter 12

"I think this will do," Yvo commented as they listen to the song. They made some arrangements a while ago and now, both of them are checking it out if it's suited.

"Yeah, I think so too." Lareina enthusiastically agreed, she's feeling glad knowing they are finally done with their project. She just hope that it will turn out well once they performed it in the class. "The harmony and melody matched up. It feels vibrant."

Their song is quite lively to hear and the lyrics depict a romantic love story about a girl and a boy who suddenly met each other and then later fall in love.

"So I guess we're done?" Said Yvo as he started arranging the instruments they have used.

"Yeah, we still have at least four days before performing though. I think let's just rest for three days and slight practice on Thursday." Lareina suggested and Ivan nodded agreeably.

"It's almost lunch," Ivan muttered as he took a glance at the wall clock.

"Oh right, Sean wasn't here. Maybe we could just order?" She offered.

"No!" Yvo replied with urgency as an idea came to his mind. "Let's eat outside, my treat for the completion of our song." He continued. Little did she know, he was asking her out.

"Oh, okay." Lareina retorted in response as she started collecting her things.

Deep inside, Yvo was thinking if this could be the perfect time to confess to Lareina since his possessive best friend wasn't here. These past few days, he was still confused about his feelings but now, he's sure 100% that he likes Lareina.

Lareina is talented and they got along well especially when it comes to music. To him, She is the perfect one for him, no one else. Now that, Sean wasn't with her, it is a good chance to tell her what he truly feels.

•••

As they arrived at the mall, they were greeted by a large number of people which made Yvo heave a sigh right from the moment he stepped inside. He hates crowds.

He turned around his head, not wanting Lareina to see his annoyed expression. Since it is Sunday, it is quite expected that it would be turned out like this specifically because it's already lunchtime. Many families were bonding as well as couples.

Yvo wanted to eat in a restaurant however Lareina insisted to eat at the mall since she also want to hang out later.

"Where do you want to eat?" Yvo asks as he looked around at the restaurant around them.

"There!" Lareina happily pointed to the grilled restaurant almost nearby to them. "That's where I and Sean used to eat and it's my favorite place by the way, that's why I insisted to eat here. The pork there is so good and yummy, even the sauce."

"I thought you weren't allowed to eat too much of that."

"I am, it is just that Sean was so strict about my diet and nutrition."

"What is he now? A nutritionist?" He sarcastically remarked as they walked toward the restaurant.

"Well, it's because of me that he's acting like that." Lareina shyly confessed with a low voice. "Sean allowed me to eat foods like that before but then something happen. Every month, I checked my measurement and realized that I gained a lot of pounds. And you know, we girls are kind of sensitive about it. Somehow that made me depressed and there's this part I locked myself in my room, starving myself for a day, trying to make my measure return to normal again. And I don't know, what happen next. Sean just said that they discovered me lying unconsciously in my room. He was furious at me that time that's why he's acting like that."

Yvo hearing the story, cannot be helped to roll his eyes. "Girls and their diets. Seriously, your unbelievable."

"Yeah, I know and I don't care anymore. Let's just eat, I am already hung-Oh wait! Is that..." Lareina forcefully pushed Yvo at the entrance of the restaurant but suddenly stopped to point at something.

Yvo turned his head to where Lareina was pointing and found Sean who was laughing with a girl. The girl was holding his arms which made Yvo confused for a minute. On the other side, there was a boy with them wearing an annoyed face.

"What the?! I thought he was in love with Lareina but why is he with someone?" He thought.

"Oh, that's Sean." Lareina beamed in happiness. "Sean! Sean! Sean!" She shouted, calling his attention.

Sean heard her voice and now started looking around till his eyes found them. He quickly excused himself from his cousins and ran towards where the two stood.

"What the! What are you doing here? I thought you are practicing?" He sternly said while glaring at Yvo. Assuming that he intently made a first move on her since he wasn't around.

'Tch, this boy tryin' to make a move without my knowledge.'

"We are done already and it's lunch. Since both of us do not know how to cook, we decided to eat outside. What a coincidence, you're here too."

"Fancy meeting you again, Reina." LuLu greeted as they caught up to them. She sweetly embraced Lareina though they weren't that close with each other. It is only their second meeting. "Wait, who's he? You already had a boyfriend-" She asks as she broke off the hug.

Yvo remained quiet at the side, trying to read the situation.

"THAT'S NOT HIS BOYFRIEND AND WILL NEVER BE!!" Sean suddenly shouted that shocked his cousins, particularly Lulu.

Sean is always gentle and sweet, so it did surprise them to see him lose control over something.

"We're just friends." Yvo butted in and Lareina nodded her head. "Yeah, great friends like what Sean and I have."

"Aiya, friendzone." A-Cheng teasingly whispered at Sean making the latter glare at him.

"So you're also going to eat here? How about you join us?" Lulu offered with hope visible in her eyes.

Hearing that, Lareina looked at Yvo for his decisions. She would like to join but she knows that Yvo wasn't comfortable with strangers.

Yvo notice Lareina and so understood her concern. He once again looked at Lulu and let out a little smile. "Sure."

"Great!" Lulu exclaimed as if she won a competition. "Let's go."

She then pulled Lareina towards her as if they were best friends and both happily entered the restaurant. While A-Cheng behaving-ly followed the girls and left the two who were on the verge of killing each other by their eyes.

|R.N|IMVICTORIQUE

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

GOD BLESS