CHAPTER 6: Yvo's house

CHAPTER 6

It was their vacant time and Sean was sitting in the cafeteria together with Darren, waiting for his best friend to ask him to pick her up. Lareina is still in her last subject class, waiting to be dismissed.

"Hey dude, you won't believe this. I together with my band will perform this coming Night Concert!" Darren excitedly announced and Sean's mouth formed an 'O' shape.

"Woah! That's great!" He exclaimed loudly which earned too much attention from students nearby.

Sean couldn't care any less about them, instead, he tapped Darren's shoulder as if it was his way to show him how proud he is. "Not all our lucky enough to perform in front of a crowd. Make sure to make it good or else I'll gonna smack your head, real hard." He jokingly threatened and Darren just laughed, not believing him.

"As if you can...anyways, I still hate you."

"C'mon, it's been a year!" Said Sean, munching the potato chips he bought just before he sat on his chair.

"You're the one who made me realize my true dream and taught me about music but in the end, you still chose to be a designer when in fact, you can be a good singer."

Sean knew how much his friend wanted him to shift course and pursue singing since he has a gifted voice. But still, he won't change his mind. "Just like what I've told you before, I want to have my certificate in design first. If I would have a sudden change of mind, don't you worry I'll contact you."

"If I fulfilled my dreams, I'll make you a singer no matter what." He swore and just shook his head, feeling tired to argue."Yeah, Yeah, If you say so."

"Yow Sean! Hi Darren!" Said the sweet voice who just arrived and was now seated on the vacant chair beside him.

Sean took a glance at the smiling Lareina and checked if she has a company. When he found nothing, he then looked back to the direction where Lareina came from just to double-check. He is searching for the person who was always with his beloved lately and it seemed to him, that the person he was looking for is not with Lareina today. He then spun again his head toward Lareina's direction who was smiling as if she were on cloud nine.

'What happened to her? She seems so happy for an unknown reason?' He thought.

"Aiyah! Where's the fly who was always with you? Sick? Good for him then." He sarcastically muttered and due to this, Lareina smacked him on his arm.

"You're so cruel to Yvo." She commented. "He's present but he already left since he's going to clean his house."

"Some kind of neat freak ah." Darren who was with them commented, not wanting to be silent in front of the two.

"Well, he needed to clean since I am going there tomorrow. So Sean, starting tomorrow, you don't need to pick me up 'cause I'll go with Yvo." Lareina explained, not stopping and Sean can't really believe what he was hearing right now.

"WHAT!!!??? W-WHAT H-HOUSE? HIS HOUSE?!?!" Sean shouted as he stand from his seat with a bang and a face fuming with anger that shocked everyone including the passerby's students.

Lareina shyly looked around and conspicuously saw people looking in their direction, watching as if they are watching some kind of Chinese drama. She reached for her best friend's hand and pulled him down trying to make him seat again.

"Are you crazy?! How can you trust him so fully? What if he does something to you?! You are a girl Lareina and he's a man. You going with his house is a—"

"You're being exaggerated!" She shouted back. She was trying her best not to shout, but can't hold it for long since Sean is being ludicrous. "We're going to make a song and since he has his mini studio, we decided that we'll do it in his house. There, I already explained it!"

"Is it something related to Night Concert?" Darren spoke, not minding the increasing tension between the best friends.

"Yeah, and we really want to win it." She answered and looked at Sean sharply. "And whether you like it or not, I'm going with him!"

"I'm not gonna let y—"

"I figured you would say that, so I already asked Yvo for his permission for you to join us. He's okay with it but you have to behave."

"What the h*ll, Lareina? Me? going to that jerk house?!" Sean pointed at himself, looking at Lareina as if she had said something unbelievable. "Are you serious?!" He ridiculed.

"I'm dead serious, Sean. Unless..." She trailed off, fixing her dress. "Unless you want me to just go there by myself. You choose...It's not like I am obligating you. This is very important—"

"Fine! Fine! I'm coming with you!" Sean agreed in annoyance. "As if I can let you be with him alone."

Sean deeply sighed and rubbed his temples as he thought about the upcoming days and weeks. He's in a dilemma on how will he manage his time for his academics, arts, and Lareina. As much as he doesn't want to go 'cause his busy finishing up his art piece for the exhibit. He cannot just let Lareina be alone together with the person he declared as a rival.

"What about your piece, Sean?" Asked Darren but the latter remained silent, still deep in his world.

Hearing this, Lareina can't help but ask. 'How come I don't know about Sean's doing?' She thought, feeling a little bit guilty for not asking Sean about his day.

"What? W-What piece?" Lareina said confusedly as she turned her head on
Darren then to Sean, desperately waiting for an answer.

"Sean will be joining the art exhibit this year and the deadline will be about two weeks since it will be held during the foundation day." Darren carefully explained to Lareina, sounding so proud of his friend.

"Then..." Lareina trailed off, processing everything she heard. "That means your busy!" She snapped her fingers in front of Sean's face which made the latter wake up from his world.

"Come again?" Sean who is still in shock said.

"You're busy and I don't wanna trouble you." Said Lareina being understandable as she grasped the situation. "I can manage. Don't worry, Yvo is a good g—"

"No way!" Sean refused, cutting her off. "I'm going with you and that's final, whether you like it or not," Sean added with finality.

Darren just shakes his head amazed as he watched his friend acting impulsively because of love. 'Perks of being in love.'

|R.N|IMVICTORIQUE

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

GOD BLESS