CHAPTER 5: Project

FIVE MONTHS have passed since the best friends met Yvo at the University. And as the day goes on, Yvo and Lareina got closer—closer to the point that she almost forgot that his best friend is a man named Sean Zhan and not Yvo Wang.

It's their third subject for today and the teacher was busy discussing their soon-to-be project which is in line with their performance in this coming school foundation day.

"About your project, you will be grouped into two and your partner will be the one seated beside you." The professor announced to the whole class. Some are not happy about the news, but some are also rejoicing including Lareina.

As soon as Lareina heard it, she quickly spun her head at Yvo who was sitting beside her. He then winked at her playfully and in turn, she respond with a smile. It is not hidden in Lareina's knowledge that Yvo is extremely talented not just in sports but also in music, and to think that she was his partner, she felt very lucky and knew that the project will be something quite extraordinary. Knowing Yvo's personality, he is very competitive himself and always focuses on winning. Unlike Sean, who never minds winning and losing, as long as he doesn't hurt other people.

"You are going to make your duet song and since you are already an adult fixated on romance, the theme will be love. Any genre is okay as long as the theme is there. You will be given two weeks to prepare and the next, and next Monday, I will be expecting your live presentation here in class. The group that will get the perfect score, will perform on stage this coming our School foundation day. You know about our  night concert, right?" He asks and all students nodded their heads in excitement.

Night Concert is a common tradition of their university that always occurs during the University's foundation day. It was quite well-known, not just for students but also for other people even artists themselves because tons of famous artists here in China graduated from this University. It is a two days event. The first day is for athletes and sports activities while the next day is for arts and design activities. So basically, the night concert will happen on the second day and serve as the closing ceremony of the foundation day event.

Their professor ended the class early, giving time for the class to talk to their respective partners about the song-making contest.

"So, what genre will be going to make?" Lareina said, turning her chair in Yvo's direction.

"What's the deadline again?"

"Next-next Monday."

"So...we have two weeks." He enunciated while holding his chin with his right hand. From his posture, Lareina can say that he's thinking comprehensively.

"Do you have any musical instruments at your house?" He blurted out.

"Only guitar. Why?"

"I was thinking about where we will practice. Ahmm...Is it okay with you if we practice at my house? I have this mini-studio there and I want us to be more knowledgeable about what instrument to use first to create a perfect melody." Yvo meticulously explained and Lareina just can't help herself to be amazed day by day to him.

"It's okay for me, but..." Lareina reluctantly pouted thinking what will be Sean's reaction once he heard about this.

"But?" Yvo looked at her with an invisible question mark plastered on his face, waiting for her to continue.

"Ahm...Is it okay for you if Sean will join us? 'Cause I don't think he will sit still once he heard about this, ya'know me, a girl at your house. Knowing him, he will tell me not to go."

Yvo brow's twitched. 'Tch, that boy again.'

"What is he? Your father?" He contempt to her and Lareina just forced a laugh, not knowing how to react. It's completely easy to see for her that both Sean and Yvo don't like each other and she doesn't know why. It's been a month already but there is still no change between the two relationships. No matter how hard she tried to help them become acquainted still no avail. In the end, they would still throw each other unpleasant words to hear.

"He's protective when it comes to m—"

"Fine! Fine! Fine!" Yvo forcibly said in surrender, waving his hand and cutting off Lareina. In some sense, for Yvo, hearing that boy's name from Lareina's mouth fueled anger deep inside him. "But if only he'll behave. If not, he's out. Whether he likes it or
not."

"Thank you then. He'll behave I promised." Lareina uttered with extreme happiness. While the latter just sighed himself concerning his decision.

Meanwhile, Sean who was busy with his painting was disturbed by a sudden knock on their club's door. "Oh, it's you, Lucy. Good morning!" Sean greeted, showing her his white perfect teeth.

"Morning Sean, are you perhaps gonna join the art exhibits?"

Sean nodded in response. "Yes, I'm currently starting my masterpiece now. Why? Is there something wrong—?" His charming smile fades and changed into worry.

"No, No, No!" Lucy immediately talked back which somehow made Sean calm. "I was just asking okay, nothing happened to your favorite event. I just wanna give you this." Lucy handed him a form. "It's the registration form of the exhibit. Fill it up and the deadline for participating is this coming Friday. I wished you luck!"

Sean bowed his head feeling grateful to the girl. "Thank you, Thank you, Lucy."

"No worries." She chuckled, trying to hide her blushing face in front of the boy he likes. Lucy was very interested in Sean since the time she saw him drawing enthusiastically at the School's library. Before, she was too shy to approach him but after being friends with Darren who was also Sean's best companion, she was able to exchange words and laugh with him. All thanks to Darren, who helped her to be Sean's friend, without knowing her true feelings.

"Gotta go now, bye-bye Sean! Good luck." She cheered as she ran off, waving at him.

When she was completely gone, Sean stared at the paper he was holding. Smiling so happily as if he won a large amount of money.

|R.N|IMVICTORIQUE

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

GOD BLESS