17- 𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔦 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔯𝔢𝔞c𝔥𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔱

"You are the one, our rising star."

It was finally time. The privilege to relive those memories was now or never, and it was sundown by the time she noticed that.

"Let's take back the wall!" he said, filling everybody with different forms of adrenaline. Some were nice, but the others were fear.

He yelled to the citizens from the top of the wall, and the 'heros' yelled back, hoping that the mission was successful.

That damn Commander.

He was full of incredible plans, but this time, she remembered the cost of all those lost lives.

---

Thanks to the efforts and thought process of one Cadet, their decision was to make the trek through nighttime. The lanterns were made from the purple jewels from the underground.

"You feel anything yet?"

"No."

It was Marco asking. He intended on using every slight movement as a sign they were getting closer.

By sunrise of the next day, they were there, and the shock of reliving broken memories came back sooner than expected.

It started when they saw the wall. It was foregin, for some reason, but the distractions weren't long-lasting thanks to the contents of the mission.

"Let's go! I'm sure they know we're here!" she yelled out to everyone.

Her original plan was to survey the area, but there was a trace of figures along the wall that she couldn't quite make out, leading her straight to the original area as planned.

"Aren't you going to go down?"

"No... I don't know if you can see them, but I definitely feel something."

They used their gear to make it to the outside gate of Wall Maria. Then a couple of seconds later...

"Eren!"

A quick shock of lightning and it was blocked, thanks to Eren mastering his hardening ability. For a second, everything seemed confusing. The thing was, now that the gate was blocked, the rest of humanity could have been safe from the titans, if there were more people out there willing to kill them.

"Are you feeling okay?" she asked Eren once he got back to the top of the wall. He nodded in response.

She made her way back over to Erwin. "We have to make sure that no one leave from atop these walls."

"Why's that?"

"You might not be able to see them, but there are these little figures that are almost scaling the sides of the walls, inside and outside."

"We should have someone investigate it."

"It's too dangerous."

"Do you think that it's better if we just wait here?"

She eyed him with an annoying look. "I'll get the recruits up here-"

With her wording, there was another shock of yellow lightning. Not just one, but so many that she couldn't keep count. They were in front and behind the borders of the walls.

Titans.

"I guess I was right."

Where they were standing made it difficult to originally make out their locations.

"They were people." She took a deep breath, putting her hand on one of her blades.

"I want you to stay here. Their plan is specifically made to get you tired."