11- 𝔬𝔥, 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔦𝔰 𝔫𝔢𝔴

The days went by, her mentally getting worse, and what seemed like physically getting weaker. Each new day posed a new challenge. The first one was sleeping.

For her, it was rather easy to fall asleep peacefully, but staying that way was the problem.

---

The room wasn't dark or light, it was just a white area. Miles and miles of nothingness surrounded her. She was stuck, and it felt too real.

"Are you okay?"

There was his voice again. It knocked her to the ground as she whined in pain. It echoed through the emptiness, seemingly endless. She looked up, seeing him there with a hand out for her to take. Instead, she backed up in fear.

"What are you?" she asked the figure.

"You don't recognize me?"

She noticed that she was wearing a dark grey coat. It was light and definitely not made for the winter.

"You don't know who I am?" he asked again.

Her heart began to beat faster with her taking in heavy breaths. She reached for her knife, not being able to find it.

"Are you looking for this?" he said as he pulled it out of his pocket, "Why would you want to hurt me?"

"What are you?"

As much as she wanted to stand up and hug him, there was something deathly wrong. There was something disturbing his presence, and she didn't even know if it was him.

"You poor thing, you looked so scared."

She didn't realize, but the tears coming out of her eyes were visible to him. She was contradicting herself, and her face showed it.

"Relax," he said as he started to walk over to her.

"What are you?"

She was shaking and her pants started to turn to wheezes as she struggled not to hold her breath.

"Answer me!" she yelled out to him, hoping that it would convey her emotion.

He bent down in front of her, putting his hand to her cheek, caressing it then placing his thumb under her chin.

"It'll be okay," he said softly.

He leaned into her so that his head was near her ear. His thumb pushed upwards and to the side so that she couldn't move.

"As long as you don't move."

She could feel the cold metal of the blade to her neck, pinching her skin.

She winced in this position, looking for some way out of it. Fighting Jamie was the last thing that she wanted to do, and meeting him in this emptiness wasn't any better.

Quickly, her hand met his arm, pushing the knife off of her and onto the ground. She got herself up, grabbing the knife in the process.

The floor was slippery, but when she looked down, there was nothing there. The white room was filled with darkness, and two presences.

"I told you not to move!"

She was snapped back into reality with his harsh words. There was definitely something wrong.

"I guess I'll do it the hard way."

It was difficult to see, but he had another knife in his pocket which he flicked out of his hand and towards her eye.

She couldn't react to it.

---

That was what kicked her out of the fantasy. The fear she felt. Again, that feeling that she was going to die, by the hands of her lover this time.