12- 𝔞 𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔲𝔩𝔱 𝔬𝔣 𝔭𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤

"Actually?"

"I'm not supposed to say anything."

"You were going to keep it from us this whole time?" Jean said, annoyed.

"I had to, but it should be fine now, since the problem was eliminated."

"Problem?"

"Our comrades. We knew their identities from the start."

---

"They tried to kill you?"

"Shhh... people are sleeping, Jean."

"But did they really need to go that far?"

"I guess so, but the reason I'm alive is because of her, and I learned later that she was supernatural."

"Like Eren?" Sasha asked tiredly.

"Kind of, it's just human powers, though she's hardly human at all."

"Now that you mention it, Marco, she doesn't seem like the rest of us."

"She's a lot stronger, isn't she?" Connie cut in seemingly for the last time, hoping to get some sleep.

"Yeah, but especially recently, she's been making an effort to get back to her strongest state. We all know about her injury, then obviously she passed out multiple times during Trost. That wasn't her representation of her strength..."

"It was of her weakness. To think she's that strong in her weakest state."

"I've seen it."

"Huh?"

"I've seen how strong she could be, but-"

He realized that Sasha was asleep on his shoulder, leaving the conversation easy after Marco started to tell his story. He picked her up, laying her on his bed before continuing.

"Yesterday afternoon I saw her working out."

"Creep."

"Connie, I thought you were asleep."

"First Mikasa, and now the Captain? You're a weirdo."

"I didn't mean to, I was just passing by."

"That's not a good enough excuse."

"I'm rooming with Mikasa next time," the asleep girl spoke.

"Sasha talks in her sleep," Jean pointed out.

"I know."

"The point is, she was doing really intensive workouts, while also bedridden."

"Her schedule says that she hasn't done a lot since before her injury, and there isn't a Scouting Mission coming up soon."

"She's probably preparing for something else that we don't know about."

"Then, we'll be in the same lane as her, prepared for whatever."

---

One major part that the Cadets missed was her sneaking around the interior. All the way inside Wall Sina. It wasn't a nightly thing, she did it mainly once or twice. Her goal was to talk to the perpetrator, without actually waking him up.

She didn't know if he could hear her, but at the mere chance that he could, she watched what she said. Most of the time was spent wondering why, and she wasn't going to get her answer any time soon.

He stayed in one area, and looked like he was stuck in a coma. Technically he was, but it could be taken off at any time.

"When you do wake up, I'll finally get my answers."