7- 𝔟𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔴𝔢 𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

"Any reason why they have us all the way out here?" Ceitara asked.

"I heard that they're having trouble."

"It still doesn't make sense why they want Cadets all the way out in Shiganshina. Especially if it's just us two."

"It's probably the Garrison. They saw how hard we worked in Trost, and wanted us to help reinforce the cannons out here."

"Are you two the Cadets that they asked to come out here?" some Garrison soldier asked them.

He was obviously drunk, and she shot her comrade next to her a knowing look.

"Yes, we are," she smiled, "My name is Ceitara."

"Yeah... your help is needed on top of the walls. Keith Shadis said that there were two promising Cadets that worked with the Engineering Corps before and did really well," he started while walking in front of them, "You should start at either gate and work your way around to the others, checking the cannons."

"Um... excuse me," she cut in, "Isn't that the Garrison's job?"

"Yes, but we don't have the skill set that is needed anymore. Technology is advancing so fast, and I'm just an old drunk, I can't do much. If you do have other questions, ask the older ones up top, not me."

"I'll start from the outside, then," she said to him.

"And I'll go from the inside... see ya, Ceitara."

"See ya... Jamie."

---

The cannons in Shiganshina were a lot different from the ones in Trost District, but luckily they both worked with them enough to be able to find any problems.

Problems, though, were few and far between. It had seemed like they were asked to be there in order to do the Garrison's job like she suspected.

---

Ceitara hadn't been in the Cadets for too long when she made her way to Shiganshina. That includes her not knowing much of her power's extent, just how to use it. As far as she knew, the only ones that actually worked were healing and attack, the others were too hard to figure out. She hadn't even thought about looking into protection yet.

Her and Jamie had only talked once before, and that was when they were told that they were asked to go to Shiganshina.

The distance between the two districts were far, and it had taken them a while to leisurely get there on horses, not to mention the fright of other animals in the area that weren't titans.

---

She had chosen to go outside because she thought that there may be titans in the area that she could maybe get a peek at. It was partially a disappointment and partially a success. There were no titans, but there were the Scouts, coming back from what seemed like a failed mission. She wished she could've gone down and seen them up close, but her job didn't allow for that.

There was a cannon in particular that was so messed up, she despised it. The problem was in multiple places, but everytime she fixed it, it would pose another, and another, and another.

The only thing that stopped it was a shock of lighting that made the air move again. She'd never heard anything like it before.

It was the beginning of the fall.

The tremors in the ground almost knocked her off into titan territory, but thankfully she was able to catch herself hanging off the edge.

Then she saw it.

The face of the titan who took it all away. It was horrifying to think that something so simple could ruin thousands of lives in a matter of seconds. It was unreal, and it led her farther from her goal.