14- 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔰𝔢 𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔡𝔢

She was pulled out of it soon after that, only to find her body on the ground with her back against the tree. Her headache came back, and little droplets of blood from her nose persisted along with the pain. Again, she felt sick.

---

"Patrolling is so boring, especially with someone like you."

"You weren't my first choice either, Hitch."

"It's kinda weird how we're by ourselves. With only guns to protect us."

"Shh..."

They heard coughing in the distance, most likely from another police, but they still had their guns up anyway. They found a woman instead, laying on the ground while trying to cough and breathe at the same time.

"Hands up!"

She abruptly stopped her coughing and then turned her head to look at them.

"Sorry," they recognized her, but still had their guns up, "Could you guys help me with something?"

Marlo was the one to lower his gun first, taking slow steps over to her to analyze her condition.

She looked as tired as she was, only wearing a white shirt and black pants that they gave her in the cell. She looked as if her body was shaking, not from the cold, though. Her hair was tangled and messy while part of her face was smeared with blood. Her eyes were duller than the last time that they met.

"I just need to know where we are."

"We're pretty far into the forest," Hitch spoke first, "What do you need help with?"

"Well... my nose is broken, I haven't eaten in days, and I don't know where any of the other Scouts are."

"They're all arrested, and inside Wall Rose."

"What about Levi and his squad?"

"That's who we're looking for."

"That's who I'm looking for, but for different reasons of course," she started to get up off the ground, "It's up to you if you want to arrest me or not... you haven't moved so I'll take that as a no."

"What do you want us to do?" Marlo asked worriedly.

"Not much, just help me find the Special Operations Squad. I don't know how far they are from here, but it could take a while. We need horses first... How far is your base from here?"

"Not too far, but it might tire you out."

He was going off the state of her condition.

"I'll be fine, just lead me there."

---

On their way there, she heard a voice in the distance, one that yelled and at someone.

"Where's Captain Cei? Where is she?" they screamed over and over again.

Recognizing it, she started to rush over, hoping that the younger woman wasn't hurting anyone. She found her standing with a gun pointed at the guy.

The woman looked over, her eyes immediately turning to worry.

"Laika... I'm right here."

She dropped the gun, the sound moving through both of their ears before she came over to hug her. Ceitara tried to avoid the blood her forearms had, and even then she could hear the pain in Laika's voice.

"I'm glad you're okay."

"I think I went a little overboard," she laughed.

"Did you... kill anyone?"