18- 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔦𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢

sorry if this feels a little rushed, it definitely is. also my chapters will be much longer now

The first of the two shocks came from Eren. Under Erwin's command, he transformed to fight the Beast. Their studies proved that it was not made for this kind of close contact, and getting rid of it while being as close as possible would help guarantee success.

Marco, being the leader of the squad with new recruits, suggested that they should wait and see how things play out before jumping straight into a battle. Of course he trusted Ceitara, but he didn't trust the fact that she was going up against an unknown foe, especially the one that tried to kill him.

He realized later that it was a good choice as the female titan appeared, which, in his mind, left Ceitara without any support. He headed straight for the commander, hoping that he could understand.

"Commander Erwin," he starts, "I wanted to know if you've been thinking about helping Captain Cei, especially with the new titan that she's facing."

Erwin paused, thinking of what he was trying to say. "Ceitara is by herself because I allowed her to be."

"Against a titan that has been unaccounted for, she stands almost no chance. We don't really know what it could do to her."

Erwin sighs, turning his entire body to face the cadet. "Well, since you're so sure, take a good look," he says motioning his hand towards it, "Now, decide who you want and figure out a way to defeat it."

Surprised by his words, Marco nodded, rushing back to the others. He'd made a mistake, a terrible one, and it took but ten lonely minutes for him to realize. The broad structure of the Female titan resembled a human, with the body of one, a woman no less.

The missing piece to the puzzle was Annie, and thanks to the blonde hair there was no guessing that it wasn't her.

♡♡

"Bertholdt Hoover," she says, "It's a pleasure to talk with you again."

Due to the lack of windows, it was hard to tell the time. But, there were no guards posted around his cell, and the fire was lit so dimly there was no reflection off of the small clean pieces on the bar of his cell. It was nighttime, dead night.

However, the fire did reflect off of the blue of Ceitara's eye, creating a somewhat purple color to them. The hood she had on was off, and she kept her hands on her lap, sitting in a chair next to his bed.

"Listen, your hands are tied behind your back, so there's almost no hope in you willingly turning into a titan, unless you want to. I know you don't, right?"

Again he stared with wide eyes, tears pooling in them. Fear took over his way of thinking, and the chains around his mouth wouldn't exactly let him speak either.

"Give me a nod, or something." He complied and shook his head. "Good."

She got up to reach behind his neck and take the chains that were stuck in his mouth off. They dropped out of her hand and onto the floor in front of them.

"Alright, we can talk now."

♡♡

Marco breathed deeply as he approached the others, all focused on the fight between Eren and Zeke, and whether or not they should help.

"Guys, we need to help the Captain."

Jean turned his head first, with a puzzled expression on his face. "I think it would be better for us to help Eren first."

"I have a clear from the Commander. The Special Operation Squad will be back soon enough for Eren. Ceitara is by herself, and we're getting low on people that are actually willing to give her a hand. We need to go."