8- 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔦𝔰 𝔴𝔥𝔬 𝔰𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔰

It was starting to get risky down in the underground, especially for a teenage girl.

Men there loved the look of teenage girls. Those disgusting pervs, they should die a horrible death, and Sophie made sure of it.

---

831

It was another normal, hot day of being all alone. She wasn't crazy enough to kill her own parents, they got themselves in that situation. She put them in that situation. No, she didn't. They chose that path, and that was the consequences.

She tried to keep reminding herself that everyday. It wasn't really working, and it hasn't been for the past eleven years. She can't picture them anymore, and she never got an answer to if her mother was the actual one that birthed her.

The heat was burning her skin, rather than the sun. There was no sun, she never got to see it. She worked alone, like always, and always got the job done. Killing people, selling drugs, she was smart enough not to do them, it would halt how much money she made. And, she didn't make a lot.

There was a reason why she wasn't a prostitute, it was from the stories she heard about how they get sick really easily. Before, she thought she had no choice but to give in, and maybe be able to eat everyday, but after hearing that, the lifestyle that she had was good enough.

---

Today wasn't supposed to be an eventful one, but there was something in the air that said it was. She needed to work with another group of people for some kind of assignment to kill someone, a rich man, and take all of his money.

It didn't seem fair, since she would be the one doing the job, and they would get the money. Yes, she would still get some, but it just didn't sit right after all.

---

"What do you want me to do?"

"Kill him."

"Look, kid, you need to be more specific. I'll do it however I want if you give me vague details," she said to him.

"Kill him, hide the body, then take the money."

She breathed a sigh of annoyance, knowing that he wasn't going to give her anything else.

They were talking in an alleyway, dark, with the only light being her eyes. The man she was talking to was obviously older, but not taller than her, especially since she was rather short for a twenty-three year old. Her foot leaned on the wall in front of them as he talked.

"How much are you going to pay me?"

"How much are you looking for?"

All of it.

"Fourty, fifty if it's difficult."

"Your prices are low."

"They usually aren't, but this is a special circumstance."

"You think?"

"You'll see."

She met that rich man before. He brought something from her. The thing was, that her two ways of making money were completely different, and times like this, they would clash. She wasn't exclusive to the kid and the old man gave her an offer.

He could get her out of the underground, and she was going to take advantage of that.

Really, she only had one goal in life—to see the outside. She spent her entire life there, and she just wanted to see the sky. Once she did that, she could die in peace.

She was planning to meet with the man the same night as she met with her employer. His house was hard to scout out, but he gave her his address before, just in case she needed an extra sum of cash to 'make her night'. A dumb move on his part, she was much more than a damsel. She was an assassin.