7.5- 𝔡𝔬 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔯𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔟𝔢𝔯?

As she started to wake up again, there was a sudden headache that hit her. It was barely light outside, but at least Jamie was still there. He looked tired, but it was easy to figure out that he stayed up so she could sleep.

"It's almost time for us to go," he said, noticing that she was up.

"Really? I was asleep the whole time?"

"Mhm... and you left me to do all of your work," he chuckled, "You should be ashamed."

She laughed at his words. She wasn't as tired as before, but there was still some trace of fatigue in both of their voices.

---

She went to Marco's room, tell him the good news. It was that he could walk around Scout headquarters safely, without worrying about the threat. Yes, she removed their memories, but it was hard to tell if it even worked properly.

"You would work well with Commander Erwin," she said to him, "If you find something, you should meet with him, I'm sure he'll be glad to see you."

---

Back at headquarters, the area was bustling with Scouts moving in and out of rooms quickly, gathering the supplies in one area and some of them training outside.

She went to check in the infirmary for Eren, who was still there, sleeping. He'd been asleep for more then 12 hours.

"Eren," she whispered next to him, "Come on. You've been asleep for too long."

He opened his eyes slowly, but suddenly.

"It's been so many hours. You must've been tired."

Why did she remind him of his mother?

She could never replace her but the way she got him to wake up was strangely like his mother used to, like that day, that morning. It was neither a good nor bad memory.

"Eren?" she snapped him out of his thoughts, "You okay?"

"Yeah, just a weird dream."

She knew he was lying, and she knew that the memories of his mother came back to hit him in the head as soon as he woke up from a fifteen hour nap.

---

Before experiments started, she went into Erwin's office, mainly to check on him because of how weird he was acting the day prior.

"Commander Erwin," she started, "What is going on?"

"Oh... good I was just about to call you in."

"You were? What for?"

He looked well-rested, and the mess on his desk was gone. But, she could tell that he had something itching at the back of his neck. Something that didn't concern her.

"I have something I want to give you," he said, reaching into one of the drawers in his desk, "It was supposed to happen a long time ago, but because of your injury, and the tragedy in Trost, It was delayed a lot more than it should have been."

He pulled out a small, brown box. It was too big for a ring, and too small for a necklace. Not many things were surprising to her, so she was happy that she got this chance to try and guess what it was.

He opened the box revealing a brooch. It was a blue that matched the color of her eyes, but it had a dark red tint to it, making it slightly more purple. It glowed in the sunlight, probably better in the moonlight.

He took it out, letting her hold it and admire its beauty.

"This is for when I pass... and you become Commander of the Scouts."