10- 𝔮𝔲𝔦𝔢𝔱 𝔦𝔰 𝔞𝔩𝔴𝔞𝔶𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯

She was at peace again.

There was something about the way that the air hit her back that made it all relaxing. But then there were those strong arms, wrapping around her torso tightly.

"I got you... again."

Again? How many times has he done that?

The ground came not too long after, hitting her back harshly. She looked up at Jamie.

"Are you okay?"

This time it was her asking him. By the way that his face was scrunched up and the way he held his side, it was easy to tell how much pain he was in.

"I'm fine."

"Let me just-" she reached out a hand again.

He grabbed her wrist before she could heal him, pushing his thumb into her palm so that she couldn't move it anymore.

"Don't waste your power on me."

"Stop it, you're hurt."

He turned onto his stomach, propping himself to his knees.

"One thing I've never liked about you was that you always thought you can do things..." he held his torso again, this time whimpering in pain, "...by yourself."

"Stop being stubborn and let me heal you," her voice strained.

His was strained too, and the spot on his shirt stained blood red.

"I said don't waste your power on me!"

What?

His voice was only strained because of the tears coming from his eyes. He was choked up, and in an enormous amount of pain.

"Back then... I made a promise to myself..."

"What the hell is wrong with you, Jamie?"

"...That I would always protect you.."

Her eyes widened when she saw his, red, and filled with tears. She looked in front of her, noticing the titans not too far away, and the Armored going behind them, seeming like he was fleeing.

"I thought that I wouldn't find anyone else like you, and I was right."

Is he...

"Wait, please..." she tried to cry, but it came out weaker than she thought.

"Let me do this one last thing for you."

"Huh?"

Her lungs begged for air as she held her breath, reaching out for him, too weak to get up yet.

"Don't...Don't say you're doing something for me when you're leaving me here to die!"

He laughed a little, enjoying the bittersweet moment.

"I told you before, Cei. There's a reason that I know more about you than anyone else. I know you'll never stop fighting."

Because you never changed.

---

You were always the same. You were someone who wanted to actually be around me, and didn't treat me like a burden, thank you for that.

"Jamie, come get your dinner."

I lived in the richest part of inner Wall Sina. I didn't know much about my parents, except that they probably didn't want to see me. As far as I knew I was a mistake, and I was definitely treated like one.