15- 𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔳𝔬𝔦𝔡

"Understand what?"

Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe he didn't see her in the abyss with others like he thought he did.

"Mikasa!" she motioned for her to go near Eren.

She looked at her arm, realizing there was blood dripping from it even though she hadn't made a cut. It was dangerous, and especially with others around. The effect of her blood on royals is irreversible.

"It's such a shame... how the two of us can't get along." she wiped the blood from her arm, "We share the same blood, but for some reason, our goals involve only the people we want. So, as a royal myself... you can go to hell."

It seemed like he choked on something after that. Less of a choke and more of a reaction to sharp pain. It was his own blood that came from someone else literally stabbing him in the back.

Marco would be the last person to kill someone in cold blood like that, so why'd he do it? Why would he kill someone's father right in front of them with a face of no remorse? Especially when it was one of the comrades that he trained with.

He choked again, then fell hard on the ground. Everyone was confused, and they stared. They all knew his personality, and that this was completely out of character.

There was blood on his blade, on his hands now. The blood of a royal to say the least.

"Why would you-" Historia started.

"Sorry." There was no tone indicating whether he meant it or not, but knowing Marco, he probably did. "I'm sorry."

There was a slight rage that built up inside her before completely subsiding not too long after. There wasn't much to be angry about, besides the fact that it was her own father. It didn't matter, she would've had to kill the man herself.

He lost eye contact with her, stepping away sheepishly, keeping in mind what he'd just did.

"I didn't know you had it in you," Ceitara said as he walked over. She was inspecting her arm and her neck for any more signs of blood.

"I don't."

"You looked dazed, are you feeling okay?"

"I'm just in shock."

"Oh."

He turned to Eren, a noticeable glint in eyes that wasn't recognizable. Mikasa was standing next to him, cleaning up the blood that was on his face.

"Hey! Are you okay?"

Again, they stared, wondering what was going on inside his mind.

---

"Hange! Levi! Can you help me find some soldiers?"

"Ceitara!"

It just so happened to be a convenience that the people they were going to go look for were right there in front of them. She figured they'd be nearby, but the soldiers were stronger than imagined.

"It's done."

After that, she let go of the mind control and gave them and herself a rest. They weren't confused as they knew what had just happened, and what they'd done.

"You have royal blood?" Hange asked from beside her, kicking her out of her thoughts.

"So-so. It works on the opposite side of the spectrum, but for the most part it's the same."

"What does it do?"

"I don't really know, but that would have something to do with the angels, meaning I'm not involved."