20. Ooh, So What's the Mist?

---------------

LOKI'S POV

 It took a few hours for the kids to explain their heritage to the awed Avengers. Only, the heritage. Not about the adventures, that'd take a few more hours of explanation. Meanwhile, me and my brother just sat in our seats, bored out of our minds. About an hour later, Thor had brought pop corn for us, when Tony Stark shot up in his seat when Percy talked about the fact that he was a son of Poseidon.

 It was hilarious, and totally worth the waiting.

 "So...there's more of you?"

 The Captain asked after a goddamn two hours, completely lost in his thoughts, as Clint muttered to himself as well.

 "More....Demigods. And there's gods. And an underworld. And- and you're the children of....Poseidon. And there's something called Olympus in the fucking sky-"

 "Language, Barton."

 "Hey! I can't help it! At least Asgard was in space, Olympus is directly above New York! And you can get there on the Empire State Building elevator!!"

 "You can't, cause you're mortal,"

 Rin called in a sing song voice.

 "The thing that I'm...most concerned about..."

 Bruce suddenly cut in, his expression serious, "Is that most of these Demigods are....not even full grown adults. Is there some kind of reason for that?"

 "That's easy,"

 Rin shrugged, her expression a little sad.

 "Most Demigods don't live up to become an adult. The average death rate is...I don't know, 16? 15?"

 "That's about it,"

 Nodded Percy, and the whole room went deathly silent, as the Avengers evaluated the information they had just gotten.

 "How....can children, go into battles?!"

 Ooh, Rogers was having his mini little explosion. "They're kids, just kids, I mean, they're supposed to be protected by the adults. Aren't they?"

 "There aren't any adults in Camp Half Blood, the only few peeps who're actually old enough to teach us is Chiron and Mr. D, who are both immortals. Besides, they can't protect all of us at once, which is why they train us so we'd have a lower chance of death. My sister, and my friends and I, have been training for.... A maximum of six years, my girl friend trained to kill monsters since aged 7. It's normal for us."

 Clint bit his lip, as Natasha looked down at her hands as well. Oh, I know what they're thinking.

 'OMG, what? Kids? Running around, saving the world from deadly monsters? They're so much better than us!!'

 Probably. 

---------------------------

STEVE ROGER'S POV

 I can't believe it. They're just children, they're supposed to be innocent and clueless of this world, of their so called monsters and death. But here they were, two kids, living proof of a world that we didn't even know existed. Fighting for their lives and being afraid of injuries and death every single ticking second. This wasn't right. Yet, it was right for their kind. And that was what made my heart ache.