8. Having a very Important Conversation with water

----------------------

ZEKE'S POV

 I had been struggling to go up to the water for about 10 minutes or so. I had a bubble of oxygen around my head, and some water spirits were trying to hold me down, with an equally worried look for Rin. I was upset at the fact that she was trying to keep me safe when I could easily protect myself and her if needed. Also, seriously, she could've left the cookies in my hands.

 A man in a flag jumped into the water beside me. I flinched. I stared at him. He stared at me. His face had a surprised look, and his mouth was forming something like 'What the-' when suddenly a Naiad came by and put a hand on his head. The man's eyes glazed, and he began swimming back to the banks of the river.

 I faced the Naiad. "Uhh...Thanks I guess?"

 She smiled at me. "No problem. I'm guessing that Lady Carina pushed you in here for protection?"

 "Yeah, she did," I answered back, surprised that she was able to understand me in the water. She was a naiad, so probably that was the case. "But I can totally take care of myself, you know? She didn't have to do that!" 

 "Lady Carina must have her reasons," she stated immediately. So obsessed.

 I sighed, and looked up. The surface of the water was shimmering from the street lights, and I could vaguely see the shadows of people on the bridge. Then, all of a sudden, another black figure slowly made it's way toward Carina. Then, it did something to her, and her figure fell to the ground, only to be grabbed by the dude behind her. He held her in bridal style, and began walking away with the other shadows. 

 I was furious. I tried swimming up, but some seaweed grabbed my arms and legs. The naiad beside me looked outraged as well, but when I gave her a pleading look, I only got one answer. "The Lady's orders."

 I tried for a few more minutes, but eventually gave up. A few more minutes passed, and the seaweed began to release itself from my body. I also realized that the bubble surrounding my face was getting smaller and smaller. I took off, and began making my way towards the surface.

 When I burst through the water, a cold wind blasted into my face. I hadn't noticed, but I found that the water was slightly frozen on the surface. I couldn't get to the edge, so I hardened the wind around me and climbed out. The wind dispersed as I stood on the shore, water dripping everywhere and slowly freezing. I decided that I had to go home, as fast as possible to tell the others about another kidnapping, and also to ask Leo for a bit of his fire.

 I passed the barrier that was shielding the safe house right outside the gates. The grass in the small garden crunched as I got to the door and went in. I was breathing hard because I had been battling 3 dracaenas and a chimera. It was fun, the monster dust had sticked to my water soaked clothes and face so I was a yellow moving blob. 

 Everyone looked at me with a questioning look. Frank and Piper got out their weapons and the atmosphere was tense. Can't they even recognize me? I cleared my throat.

 "Guys? I'm Zeke? Remember me?"

 Jason suddenly sighed in relief.

 "Oh Gods, it's you, Zeke. We were worried that you lost your way! Why're you covered in yellow dust?"

 "And...Where's Rin?" Annabeth studied me with her piercing grey eyes. I took a deep breath and blew out, "She's been... taken. By the same mortals I think."

 Piper let out a small gasp. Annabeth looked more shaken then ever. Jason had visible pain written on his face. He grasped at his hair, like it was his life line. He closed his eyes, then opened them again.