12. It's Fun Breaking Bones! Mine Especially

-----------------------------

CLINT BARTON'S POV

 The control room was eerily silent. I gaped at the screen before me. 

 "Jarvis," Tony whispered, "Can you... zoom in for me?"

 "Yes sir." 

 Percy's arm came into a more specific view, revealing the scars and marks. The room became silent again. 

 "What....How... It looks like he's been through a war!" Steve looked outraged. His fist was clenched so tightly that it was drawing blood. It got worse when it was Rin's turn. Nat gasped, tears in her eyes. The most emotion I've seen in her in years.

 "Do you think they were....abused or experimented....? Rin could've been in the Red Room...."

 The others looked sickened at the sight in front of them.  Two children, one not even in her teens, with more scars than all of the avengers combined? How could this happen? 

 Tony was shaking his head. 

 "No...What...I have to check on them."

 He burst out of the room, obviously heading to the kids. Steve, Thor, Nat and I followed, still shaken of what we saw. 

 We found them crossing the living room, deep in conversation when Tony grabbed Percy's arm, and pulled up the sleeve before he could even react. Percy looked startled, and in a second, judo flipped his uncle. Wait...He judo flipped his uncle? How did he even have the strength? Where did he learn to do that?

 Tony didn't seem to care about the pain or anything. He was still staring at Percy's arm, which was littered with scars. It was worse than what we've seen in the control room. 

 Nat walked over to Rin. She gently lifted her arm, saying "May I?" Rin was still dazed at  Tony and Percy, so Nat silently pulled her sleeve to reveal the burns and scars. Nat's fingers traced the small of her skin that had the words 'Worthless' carved on it. The girl whimpered.

 Steve ran a hand threw his hair. "Who...did this to you?"

 Percy pulled his arm away from his uncle and hid his scars with the sleeve of his hoodie, while walking to his sister to hide her's. "Nobody."

 "Don't lie! How could this have happened?" I asked. I had children of my own. one was about the same age as Rin. I couldn't help but see my children in both of them. 

 "I told you, nobody! It's none of your business!" Percy took Rin's hand and began hurrying to the corridors. Steve stood in their way.

 "No. Not until you tell us what happened. Rin," He looked softly at her. "Is this why you didn't like rolling up your sleeves when you washed your hands in the library?"

 Rin avoided eye contact but nodded a little. Steve sighed and whispered quietly. "I'm so sorry...."

 Percy glared at him and snapped. "What are you sorry about? I told you it's none of your business! Even if you do know, you can't help us. What do you care? Leave us alone!" 

 "We can help you. Just tell us what happened!" Nat pleaded. It's the first time I ever saw her like that. I would've laughed at her if it wasn't a serious situation.

 "Leave us alone." Heads turned to Rin. She was looking down, holding her brother's hand. "We want to be alone for now, we don't want your pity, and we certainly don't want your help. It's over, and that's it. We're going." 

 Gripping her brothers hand, she walked around Steve, and the two disappeared around the corner.

 I stared after them, and the living room was filled with silence.