9. You? Our Guardian? Yeah Right

-----------------

THOR'S POV 

 It was really entertaining to watch Perseus talk about his father's side of the family. It got better when the other avengers stared in shock. Carina was giggling in her cell, probably listening in to the conversation with her water link, but nobody cared that the girl was alone in a cell, listening and giggling to a conversation that was not supposed to be blaring in her cell. 

 I listened to Perseus's side of the story intently when I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder.

 "Something fun going on, brother?" I looked back. "Loki."

 Loki smirked, his bottle green eyes sweeping the room. Everyone was busy concentrating on Perseus, and Loki had a surprised look on his face when he noticed the siblings. 

 "Aren't they-"

 "Yes."

"Why?" I sighed.

 "They think the Jackson kids are terrorists, so they're keeping the two detained."

 Loki bit his lip, with a pained expression. He was with me when we met Perseus a few months back (Not sure if that's true I made it up please don't ask) and Loki had become friends with the boy in a very short amount of time. No wonder he looked so worried.

 Perseus was smirking at the dumbfounded look on his interrogators. He seemed happy that he was telling the truth, and pranking them at the same time. He held his hands up, saying in an amused voice that it was a joke, when Natasha suddenly turned the small mike towards her and whispered. " He's telling the truth."

 Perseus freezed, his face still in mid smile. I looked over and noticed that Carina had wide eyes and a panicked look too. I could practically hear their brain gears turning.

 "I.....uh.....It was a joke!" Perseus fiddled with the hem of his jeans, his voice a little uncertain this time. Stark and Rogers narrowed their eyes, but came out of the cell, announcing that the interrogation was over for now. 

 "What the hell, his family life is a horror movie," Stark bellowed. 

 Rogers sighed. "This is getting more tangled than ever."

 "I liked that disney movie," I piped up. "Though I always wondered why it wasn't named Rapunz-"

 "'K, let's stop right there, Captain, aren't we supposed to interrogate Carina this time?" Natasha intervened.

 "Sure, come on."

 "Wait, you volunteered?" I asked, surprised.

 Natasha rolled her eyes, then walked into Carina's cell followed by Rogers.

---------------------------

STEVE ROGER'S POV

 Rin was leaning on the bed, a puddle of water in front of her, with her finger in the stuff. I remembered that Percy was doing the same too, was that some kind of tradition or.....? Never mind. Rin looked up as soon as the door opened. Her sea green eyes widened a little when she saw me. But the surprised look was gone and a look of understanding and betrayal took it's place. She smirked, and I winced a little.

 "Hello, Steve," she said, her voice bitter. "And I thought we were friends." 

 "We are friends, Rin, it's just......I'm sorry."

 "Oh? Really?" Her eyes darkened. "I'm not sure you would lock me in a white room with no windows if you really were sorry."

 I sighed, slumping into the chair, Nat by my side. She glanced at me, then turned her attention towards Rin.